Magnolia Picks Up Sarah Polley's 'Take This Waltz'
The drama, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, Luke Kirby and Sarah Silverman.
Magnolia Pictures has acquired the U.S. rights to Sarah Polley’s Take This Waltz. The drama, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, stars Michelle Williams as a married woman who struggles to choose between her husband (Seth Rogen) and another man that she’s fallen deeply in love with (Luke Kirby).
Sarah Polley made her film directorial debut with 2006’s Away from Her, which garnered her an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay nomination.
“Magnolia has distributed some of my favorite films of the last few years,” said Polley in a statement “Their enthusiasm for the film is very exciting and we can't wait to begin working with them."
Magnolia plans a theatrical release for Take This Waltz, which was produced by Susan Cavan along with Sarah Polley, in early Summer 2012.
- 10 Promising Independent Horror Films to Watch Out For This Year
- Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates Trailer: Adam Devine and Zac Efron Are Rowdy, But Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza Are Rowdier
- Watch James Corden and Elton John’s Very Rainy But Very Fun Carpool Karaoke Session
- The Wire Fans Might Have Enjoyed the Reunion Toyota Staged in This Prius Commercial
- Beyonce Celebrates Epic 2016 Super Bowl Halftime Show with Jay-Z & Mother Tina!
- Will Ferrell Is an 'Exotic' Animal Expert on Colbert's Post-Super Bowl Special (Video)
- Zac Efron & Adam DeVine In 'Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Johnny Depp Says He 'Tortured' Leonardo DiCaprio During 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' Filming