Magnolia Picks Up Sarah Polley's 'Take This Waltz'
The drama, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, stars Michelle Williams, Seth Rogen, Luke Kirby and Sarah Silverman.
Magnolia Pictures has acquired the U.S. rights to Sarah Polley’s Take This Waltz. The drama, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, stars Michelle Williams as a married woman who struggles to choose between her husband (Seth Rogen) and another man that she’s fallen deeply in love with (Luke Kirby).
Sarah Polley made her film directorial debut with 2006’s Away from Her, which garnered her an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay nomination.
“Magnolia has distributed some of my favorite films of the last few years,” said Polley in a statement “Their enthusiasm for the film is very exciting and we can't wait to begin working with them."
Magnolia plans a theatrical release for Take This Waltz, which was produced by Susan Cavan along with Sarah Polley, in early Summer 2012.
- The Pro-Hillary 'Hamilton' Parody Video You Always Knew Was Coming
- Why Britain's Spy Chief Says He Wouldn't Hire James Bond
- Prince Rep Has 'No Knowledge' Of Jay Z's Reported $40 Million Offer For Artist's Unreleased Music
- Amazon's Good Girls Revolt: These Girls Want To Write? Good Lord! What Will They Want Next?
- Jon Hamm Has Nothing to Do These Days Except Watch Baseball; Somebody Please Hire Jon Hamm
- The 1980s Shows, Movies, and Videos Games to Try Based on Your Modern Favorites
- Good Grief, Stranger Things Got a Very Melancholy Peanuts Mash-up Treatment
- Spending Time With Noname, Chicago Rap’s Next Big Thing
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes Second Child, Live Tweets the Birth
- 'Loving' Stars Ruth Negga & Joel Edgerton Celebrate Awards Buzz at NYC Luncheon
- Kendall Jenner & Karlie Kloss Sit Courtside While Cheering On Lakers' Jordan Clarkson
- Sevyn Streeter Wears 'We Matter' Jersey, Denied National Anthem Performance by 76ers