TALENT SIGNINGS: 'Man of Steel' Actress, Cesar Nominee Ink With New Agencies
UTA, Gersh, WME and ICM land new clients this week.
German actress Antje Traue, the lead female villain in Warner Bros.' forthcoming Man of Steel, has signed with UTA. Traue's credits include films 5 Days of War and Pandorum. She is also represented by the U.K.'s Troika and attorney Fred Toczek of Felker Toczek Gellman and Suddleson LLP.
Jon Amiel, who directed Creation, which opened the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival, has signed with Gersh. Amiel recently directed two episodes of Showtime's The Borgias. His feature directing credits include The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997), Entrapment (1999) and The Core (2003). Amiel is also represented by manager Dave Brown of Artist International Management.
French actress Louise Bourgoin, who starred in A Happy Event, which debuted at Toronto, has signed with WME. She was nominated for the Cesar award for most promising actress for her performance in The Girl From Monaco (2008). Bourgoin is represented by Isabelle de La Patelliere and Olivier Kahan of France's VMA.
Bill Pruitt, a showrunner on Discovery's Deadliest Catch, has signed with ICM. Pruitt has previously produced episodes of The Apprentice and The Amazing Race, for which he has won four Primetime Emmys.
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity