Manager Mark Subias Joining UTA as Agent
The New York-based theater lit manager is leaving his namesake firm and will work out of the talent agency's Manhattan office.
New York-based manager Mark Subias is joining UTA and will work as an agent out of the company's Manhattan office. He starts with UTA next week.
Subias, who has long worked in the theater lit world as a manager and agent, will focus on expanding UTA's theater department, the agency said in a statement. He will also represent clients in film and television.
Subias has run his namesake management firm, SUBIAS, for the past eight years. Prior to that, he was a theater agent at William Morris Agency.
“We have known and worked with Mark for many years,” said Jeremy Zimmer, CEO of UTA, in a statement. “Mark’s taste, work ethic and values are completely aligned with our culture and our vision of what UTA should accomplish in New York.”
Subias' clients include writers and directors Adam Rapp, Will Eno, Bash Doran, Sarah Treem, Nick Jones, Itamar Moses, Anne Carson, Nathan Englander, Danai Gurira, Sam Gold, Pam MacKinnon, Daniel Aukin, David Wiener and Les Waters, according to UTA.
The agency opened an office in New York late last year. Nancy Gates, co-head of the agency’s television talent department, works out of the new outpost.
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor