Manager Mark Subias Joining UTA as Agent
The New York-based theater lit manager is leaving his namesake firm and will work out of the talent agency's Manhattan office.
New York-based manager Mark Subias is joining UTA and will work as an agent out of the company's Manhattan office. He starts with UTA next week.
Subias, who has long worked in the theater lit world as a manager and agent, will focus on expanding UTA's theater department, the agency said in a statement. He will also represent clients in film and television.
Subias has run his namesake management firm, SUBIAS, for the past eight years. Prior to that, he was a theater agent at William Morris Agency.
“We have known and worked with Mark for many years,” said Jeremy Zimmer, CEO of UTA, in a statement. “Mark’s taste, work ethic and values are completely aligned with our culture and our vision of what UTA should accomplish in New York.”
Subias' clients include writers and directors Adam Rapp, Will Eno, Bash Doran, Sarah Treem, Nick Jones, Itamar Moses, Anne Carson, Nathan Englander, Danai Gurira, Sam Gold, Pam MacKinnon, Daniel Aukin, David Wiener and Les Waters, according to UTA.
The agency opened an office in New York late last year. Nancy Gates, co-head of the agency’s television talent department, works out of the new outpost.
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Recap: The Public-Urination Case of a Lifetime
- Miss Piggy and Kermit Have Also Called It Quits; the Summer of Breakups Extends to Animals
- Stonewall Trailer: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fights for Gay Rights in Roland Emmerich’s Passion Project
- Another One Down: Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards End Their Engagement
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals the Qualities She Looks For in a Boyfriend
- Ellen Page Steps Out With Rumored Girlfriend Samantha Thomas
- Miles Teller Got to Skip the Customs Line at the Airport Because of 'Fantastic Four' Role (Video)
- Meryl Streep Got A Guitar Lesson from Neil Young for 'Ricki & The Flash'!