Manager Mark Subias Joining UTA as Agent
The New York-based theater lit manager is leaving his namesake firm and will work out of the talent agency's Manhattan office.
New York-based manager Mark Subias is joining UTA and will work as an agent out of the company's Manhattan office. He starts with UTA next week.
Subias, who has long worked in the theater lit world as a manager and agent, will focus on expanding UTA's theater department, the agency said in a statement. He will also represent clients in film and television.
Subias has run his namesake management firm, SUBIAS, for the past eight years. Prior to that, he was a theater agent at William Morris Agency.
“We have known and worked with Mark for many years,” said Jeremy Zimmer, CEO of UTA, in a statement. “Mark’s taste, work ethic and values are completely aligned with our culture and our vision of what UTA should accomplish in New York.”
Subias' clients include writers and directors Adam Rapp, Will Eno, Bash Doran, Sarah Treem, Nick Jones, Itamar Moses, Anne Carson, Nathan Englander, Danai Gurira, Sam Gold, Pam MacKinnon, Daniel Aukin, David Wiener and Les Waters, according to UTA.
The agency opened an office in New York late last year. Nancy Gates, co-head of the agency’s television talent department, works out of the new outpost.
- Lizzy Caplan Named Her Cat Colbert, But Like in a Cool Way, Not Like You Squares Naming Your Cat Colbert Today
- What’s Leaving Netflix: June 2016
- From American Crime Story to Fargo, Why Limited Series Make for Such Good TV
- Preacher’s Creators and Stars Discuss Blowing Up Tom Cruise, Southern Accents, and Playing God
- Kit Harington Gets A Phone Call From 'Game of Thrones' Co-Star During Radio Interview
- Kardashian Family Helps Scott Disick Celebrate His Birthday
- Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher Answer Phones Together for Red Nose Day Telecast!
- Megan Hilty & Colin Donnell Couple Up At Cirque du Soleil's 'Paramour' Opening Night!