Mark Wahlberg Plays a Father on a Mission in 'Contraband' Trailer (Video)
The Universal action film also stars Kate Beckinsale and opens on January 13.
From the looks of the first trailer for Contraband, Mark Wahlberg’s new action film has all the expected facets of an adrenalin-pumping movie – guns, explosions, and plenty of fights.
That could potentially be the biggest problem with the film – there’s nothing not expected,no surprises. But wait, what are they doing with that duct tape?
A remake of the Icelandic film Reykjavic-Rotterdam, Contraband stars Wahlberg as a former guy who did illegal/bad things, but had gotten out of the game. Then, his wife’s (Kate Backinsale) brother gets into trouble with a ruthless drug lord, Tim Briggs (Giovanni Ribisi), and Chris (Wahlberg) must make everything right. Of course, the drug lord then threatens Chris’ wife and children, so now Chris has to pay his brother-in-law’s debt off. To do that, he’ll have to run contraband – millions in counterfeit bills – from Panama to the U.S.
Baltasar Kormákur Samper, who acted and produced the original film, directs the U.S. version. The Universal film, which also stars Caleb Landry Jones and Ben Foster is set for a Janury 13 release.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- 'Batman vs. Superman': Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner