Mark Wahlberg Plays a Father on a Mission in 'Contraband' Trailer (Video)
The Universal action film also stars Kate Beckinsale and opens on January 13.
From the looks of the first trailer for Contraband, Mark Wahlberg’s new action film has all the expected facets of an adrenalin-pumping movie – guns, explosions, and plenty of fights.
That could potentially be the biggest problem with the film – there’s nothing not expected,no surprises. But wait, what are they doing with that duct tape?
A remake of the Icelandic film Reykjavic-Rotterdam, Contraband stars Wahlberg as a former guy who did illegal/bad things, but had gotten out of the game. Then, his wife’s (Kate Backinsale) brother gets into trouble with a ruthless drug lord, Tim Briggs (Giovanni Ribisi), and Chris (Wahlberg) must make everything right. Of course, the drug lord then threatens Chris’ wife and children, so now Chris has to pay his brother-in-law’s debt off. To do that, he’ll have to run contraband – millions in counterfeit bills – from Panama to the U.S.
Baltasar Kormákur Samper, who acted and produced the original film, directs the U.S. version. The Universal film, which also stars Caleb Landry Jones and Ben Foster is set for a Janury 13 release.
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- Tom Cruise Promotes 'Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation' After Box Office Win!
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie