Mark Wahlberg Plays a Father on a Mission in 'Contraband' Trailer (Video)
The Universal action film also stars Kate Beckinsale and opens on January 13.
From the looks of the first trailer for Contraband, Mark Wahlberg’s new action film has all the expected facets of an adrenalin-pumping movie – guns, explosions, and plenty of fights.
That could potentially be the biggest problem with the film – there’s nothing not expected,no surprises. But wait, what are they doing with that duct tape?
A remake of the Icelandic film Reykjavic-Rotterdam, Contraband stars Wahlberg as a former guy who did illegal/bad things, but had gotten out of the game. Then, his wife’s (Kate Backinsale) brother gets into trouble with a ruthless drug lord, Tim Briggs (Giovanni Ribisi), and Chris (Wahlberg) must make everything right. Of course, the drug lord then threatens Chris’ wife and children, so now Chris has to pay his brother-in-law’s debt off. To do that, he’ll have to run contraband – millions in counterfeit bills – from Panama to the U.S.
Baltasar Kormákur Samper, who acted and produced the original film, directs the U.S. version. The Universal film, which also stars Caleb Landry Jones and Ben Foster is set for a Janury 13 release.
- More Than a Feeling: The Importance (and Necessity) of Pixar's Inside Out
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered