'The Master' Poster Refracts Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams (Photo)
Following a water-logged first one-sheet, Paul Thomas Anderson's allegedly Scientology-inspired film gets a clearer look.
The Master is beginning to come into focus.
Though murky at its core, thanks to its subject matter -- a small religious group that strongly resembles Scientology -- and secretive production, Paul Thomas Anderson's highly anticipated next film has revealed more and more of itself in the past few weeks. There was the first poster, the newest trailer, a secret pop-up screening over the weekend, and now, this kaleidescope of a second one-sheet.
Here we see a repeating pattern featuring stars Philip Seymour Hoffman (playing the L. Ron Hubbard-like figure), Amy Adams (his wife) and Joaquin Phoenix (his young student, and later, skeptic). It makes sense that we're seeing more and more from the film; the release date was moved up to September 14 -- bumping Brad Pitt's Killing Them Softly to October in the process.
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'