Michael Pitt to Produce and Star in 'You Can't Win'
Robinson Devor is set to direct the adaptation of the 1926 Jack Black novel about freight-hopping at the turn-of-the-century.
Michael Pitt will produce and star in a film adaptation of the 1926 Jack Black novel You Can't Win, with Robinson Devor directing. Parts & Labor’s Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy will produce the project with Robert Scarff and Zach Sebastian.
Black's autobiographical novel tracks his life on the road freight-hopping across the western United States and Canada, and his experiences with the Yegg Brotherhood of hobos, bums, tramps and criminals who rode the rails in turn-of-the-century America. Devor, Pitt, Barry Gifford and Charles Mudede adapted the screenplay for the movie, which is scheduled to begin filming in Seattle at the end of April.
Repped by WME and Untitled, Pitt has appeared in Funny Games, Last Days and The Dreamers. On the TV side, he is one of the stars of the HBO series Boardwalk Empire.
The UTA-repped Devor has directed the features The Woman Chaser, Police Beat and Zoo.
Parts & Labor has produced the films Old Joy, Cold Weather and Beginners. Next for the company is Dirty Whiteboy, the story of late hip-hop artist Ol' Dirty Bastard.
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak