Mike Birbiglia & Ira Glass Respond to Joss Whedon's 'Sleepwalk With Me' Boycott (Video)
The comedian and radio host strike back at the "Avengers" director, the next stage in a jokey viral marketing scheme for the indie feature.
If there's one thing stranger than hearing Joss Whedon try to discourage viewers from watching a critically-acclaimed, under-the-radar production, it's hearing Ira Glass threaten, "It's on!"
And yet, here we are.
The This American Life host joins Mike Birbiglia, comedian and jack-of-all-trades behind Sleepwalk With Me, in responding to Whedon's playful, faux-paranoid prank request that his accolytes on the Internet boycott Birbiglia's upcoming Sundance-approved comedy.
Unfortunately, their math doesn't quite back up their boasts of having a clear path to surpassing the $1.5 billion worldwide that Whedon's Avengers took in at the box office.
The good news? At 150 theaters, the film is quickly picking up more exhibitors, which is the original intent of this clever marketing video scheme in the first place.
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!