'Mistaken for Strangers' Trailer Follows The National on Tour (Video)
The new doc takes viewers inside the band's life on the road.
Mistaken for Strangers gives a backstage look at the success of The National as they embark on a worldwide tour.
The film rests in the hands of band member Tom Berninger, who brings his brother Matt Berninger with him on tour to capture a documentary on the group. Matt becomes a "roadie" who is along for the ride, enjoying all the benefits of traveling with a rock band. He doesn't hold back with the camera, shooting scenes of the band members in the shower and asking questions including "How fast can you play" and "What kinds of drugs and how many drugs have you done?"
The trailer not only gives audiences a look at the success of the band, but introduces them to the personal relationship between Matt and big brother Tom. As Matt becomes conflicted between the difference of being a band member and his place as a road member, he begins to question his own future, exclaiming: "I feel like I'm on the outside of the world looking in. I don't know what I'm even doing here."
The doc is scheduled to premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival with the release of The National's new album, Trouble May Find Me, to follow shortly after on May 21.
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler