'Mistaken for Strangers' Trailer Follows The National on Tour (Video)
The new doc takes viewers inside the band's life on the road.
Mistaken for Strangers gives a backstage look at the success of The National as they embark on a worldwide tour.
The film rests in the hands of band member Tom Berninger, who brings his brother Matt Berninger with him on tour to capture a documentary on the group. Matt becomes a "roadie" who is along for the ride, enjoying all the benefits of traveling with a rock band. He doesn't hold back with the camera, shooting scenes of the band members in the shower and asking questions including "How fast can you play" and "What kinds of drugs and how many drugs have you done?"
The trailer not only gives audiences a look at the success of the band, but introduces them to the personal relationship between Matt and big brother Tom. As Matt becomes conflicted between the difference of being a band member and his place as a road member, he begins to question his own future, exclaiming: "I feel like I'm on the outside of the world looking in. I don't know what I'm even doing here."
The doc is scheduled to premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival with the release of The National's new album, Trouble May Find Me, to follow shortly after on May 21.
- Jon Stewart Gives 'Schoolhouse Rock' A Modern Makeover On 'The Daily Show'
- Jimmy Kimmel Named 'Most Dangerous Celebrity' To Search For Online
- Theater: "You Can't" Can't But James Earl Jones Surely Can
- "Cruisin'" with Jesse J & Smokey Robinson, Plus Chatting with Kandace Springs, Steve Arrington and AJ Croce
- Best of Late Night TV: Tyler Perry's Drone Race and Jimmy Kimmel's Pot Quiz (VIDEO)
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason