Nanette Burstein to Direct 'Unforgiving World' for Focus (Exclusive)
"Please Give" filmmaker Nicole Holofcener has written the romantic drama's screenplay.
Nanette Burstein will direct the romantic drama Unforgiving World for Focus Features. Nicole Holofcener has written the screenplay.
In World, which is a remake of a French film produced by Haut et Court, a newlywed couple working at the same architectural film end up vying for the same life-changing position. The film shows the different outcomes in parallel storylines depending on who gets the job.
Stephanie Danan and Alain Chabat of WAM are producing. Exec Kahli Small is overseeing for Focus.
The CAA-repped Burstein last directed the Warner Bros. romantic comedy Going the Distance. She directed the 2008 Sundance documentary American Teen and co-directed the documentaries The Kid Stays in the Picture, which Focus released in 2002, and On the Ropes, which was nominated for an Academy Award in 1999.
The UTA-repped Holofcener last wrote and directed Please Give. She's also the writer-director of Friends With Money, Lovely & Amazing and Walking and Talking.
Focus most recently released The Eagle, Jane Eyre and Hanna. The company will release the drama One Day in July.
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material
- Try Not To Smile at These Seniors Hilariously Recreating Iconic Movie & TV Scenes (PHOTOS)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Brings the Creepy in Intense New 'Nightcrawler' Trailer (VIDEO)
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are