Nanette Burstein to Direct 'Unforgiving World' for Focus (Exclusive)
"Please Give" filmmaker Nicole Holofcener has written the romantic drama's screenplay.
Nanette Burstein will direct the romantic drama Unforgiving World for Focus Features. Nicole Holofcener has written the screenplay.
In World, which is a remake of a French film produced by Haut et Court, a newlywed couple working at the same architectural film end up vying for the same life-changing position. The film shows the different outcomes in parallel storylines depending on who gets the job.
Stephanie Danan and Alain Chabat of WAM are producing. Exec Kahli Small is overseeing for Focus.
The CAA-repped Burstein last directed the Warner Bros. romantic comedy Going the Distance. She directed the 2008 Sundance documentary American Teen and co-directed the documentaries The Kid Stays in the Picture, which Focus released in 2002, and On the Ropes, which was nominated for an Academy Award in 1999.
The UTA-repped Holofcener last wrote and directed Please Give. She's also the writer-director of Friends With Money, Lovely & Amazing and Walking and Talking.
Focus most recently released The Eagle, Jane Eyre and Hanna. The company will release the drama One Day in July.
- Britney Spears And Her Sons Recreate Her 'Oops... I Did It Again' Album Cover Photo
- 'Inside Out' And 'Jurassic World' Terminated 'Terminator Genisys' At The Box Office
- The Midnight Swim Redeems Found-Footage Horror: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review
- Kim Kardashian's 4th Of July Outfit Is Some Next Level Patriotism
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious