Nanette Burstein to Direct 'Unforgiving World' for Focus (Exclusive)
"Please Give" filmmaker Nicole Holofcener has written the romantic drama's screenplay.
Nanette Burstein will direct the romantic drama Unforgiving World for Focus Features. Nicole Holofcener has written the screenplay.
In World, which is a remake of a French film produced by Haut et Court, a newlywed couple working at the same architectural film end up vying for the same life-changing position. The film shows the different outcomes in parallel storylines depending on who gets the job.
Stephanie Danan and Alain Chabat of WAM are producing. Exec Kahli Small is overseeing for Focus.
The CAA-repped Burstein last directed the Warner Bros. romantic comedy Going the Distance. She directed the 2008 Sundance documentary American Teen and co-directed the documentaries The Kid Stays in the Picture, which Focus released in 2002, and On the Ropes, which was nominated for an Academy Award in 1999.
The UTA-repped Holofcener last wrote and directed Please Give. She's also the writer-director of Friends With Money, Lovely & Amazing and Walking and Talking.
Focus most recently released The Eagle, Jane Eyre and Hanna. The company will release the drama One Day in July.
- You Can Stock Your Bar With Whiskey Glasses Don Draper Actually Used
- Watch Jay Pharoah Imitate Eddie Murphy, Kevin Hart And Stewie Griffin
- Will Descendants become the Disney Channel's next big franchise? Kenny Ortega sure hopes that it does
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Before You Leave Town for the Weekend, Gaze in Horror at This Summer-Traffic Composite
- The End of the Tour Is Like Spending Two Hours With David Foster Wallace
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols’s Career
- Rock Series From Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name