Naomi Watts as Princess Diana: First Photos Surface (Photo)
The British actress assumes the famous style of the beloved royal as she films in Croatia.
Through a lavish Royal Wedding and a Diamond Jubilee, the Royal Family has done well to rehabilitate its image and bring happier times to Great Britain. It's a long way from the cloud that hung over the nation after Princess Diana's death, and now, thanks to a new film, the darkness will seemingly roll back over the British Isles once again.
Naomi Watts plays the late Princess Diana in the upcoming Oliver Hirschbiegel-directed film, Caught in Flight, which will focus on the last two years of the beloved princess's life. Watts was caught on set in Croatia in full princess regalia, from sparkly dress and jewels to cropped blonde hair, greeting extras-as-fans in the nation; much of the film will deal with not only her search for happiness post-divorce, but the humanitarian work she did in central Europe.
"She is a part of our history, an incredible woman and fascinating but a tragic ending," Watts previously told the Press Association. "The filmmakers came to me and it’s a good script and it’s very scary and I kind of wanted to say 'no' but I couldn't."
- A 40-Year-Old Woman Has A No. 1 Hit For The First Time In Nearly 16 Years
- Hamptons Journal: Nona Hendryx Pays Tribute to Bowie at LongHouse Reserve Jubilee/ Richard Mishaan's Design at Guild Hall, and the East Hampton Historical Society
- Teenager's Stunning Celine Dion Covers Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- Nick Cannon Let Loose In New 'Access Hollywood' Interview
- Hamilton's Renée Elise Goldsberry to Star in HBO's The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Not Magnificent Enough, Now Chance the Rapper Is Making His Own Music Festival in Chicago
- Vladimir Putin Is Having a Rough Day Working the Phone for Donald Trump
- Everything You Missed at the Inaugural 2016 Panorama Festival