Naomi Watts as Princess Diana: First Photos Surface (Photo)
The British actress assumes the famous style of the beloved royal as she films in Croatia.
Through a lavish Royal Wedding and a Diamond Jubilee, the Royal Family has done well to rehabilitate its image and bring happier times to Great Britain. It's a long way from the cloud that hung over the nation after Princess Diana's death, and now, thanks to a new film, the darkness will seemingly roll back over the British Isles once again.
Naomi Watts plays the late Princess Diana in the upcoming Oliver Hirschbiegel-directed film, Caught in Flight, which will focus on the last two years of the beloved princess's life. Watts was caught on set in Croatia in full princess regalia, from sparkly dress and jewels to cropped blonde hair, greeting extras-as-fans in the nation; much of the film will deal with not only her search for happiness post-divorce, but the humanitarian work she did in central Europe.
"She is a part of our history, an incredible woman and fascinating but a tragic ending," Watts previously told the Press Association. "The filmmakers came to me and it’s a good script and it’s very scary and I kind of wanted to say 'no' but I couldn't."
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler