Naomi Watts as Princess Diana: First Photos Surface (Photo)
The British actress assumes the famous style of the beloved royal as she films in Croatia.
Through a lavish Royal Wedding and a Diamond Jubilee, the Royal Family has done well to rehabilitate its image and bring happier times to Great Britain. It's a long way from the cloud that hung over the nation after Princess Diana's death, and now, thanks to a new film, the darkness will seemingly roll back over the British Isles once again.
Naomi Watts plays the late Princess Diana in the upcoming Oliver Hirschbiegel-directed film, Caught in Flight, which will focus on the last two years of the beloved princess's life. Watts was caught on set in Croatia in full princess regalia, from sparkly dress and jewels to cropped blonde hair, greeting extras-as-fans in the nation; much of the film will deal with not only her search for happiness post-divorce, but the humanitarian work she did in central Europe.
"She is a part of our history, an incredible woman and fascinating but a tragic ending," Watts previously told the Press Association. "The filmmakers came to me and it’s a good script and it’s very scary and I kind of wanted to say 'no' but I couldn't."
- The 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Has Leaked (VIDEO)
- Bitsie Tulloch Says 'Grimm' Fans 'Will Lose Their Minds Over' What Juliette Goes Through In Season 4
- Check Out Elijah Wood and Peter Jackson in This Commercial for Air New Zealand
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Alysia Reiner Loves These 5 Prison Movies
- Kirsten Dunst Goes to the Gym While Garrett Hedlund Golfs the Afternoon Away!
- Hayden Christensen Grabs Ideas on Landscaping, Pregnant Rachel Bilson Relaxes in the Car
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Official Trailer Released By Marvel After Leak - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows the Guys Just How Chopping Down Trees is Done in 'Serena' Clip - Watch Now!