Sony Pictures Classics Picks Up Rights to 'Neil Young Journeys'
The Jonathan Demme-directed film had its world premiere at the Toronto film festival.
Sony Pictures Classics has acquired worldwide rights excluding Latin America to Neil Young Journeys from Shakey Pictures and Clinica Estetico. Jonathan Demme directed the music documentary, which had its world premiere at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.
Journeys follows the iconic rocker on a road trip from his Ontario hometown to a pair of shows in Toronto, with performances of songs from his most recent album, Le Noise, presented in full. Demme directed two previous Young-centric films, Neil Young Heart of Gold and Neil Young Trunk Show.
The WME-repped Demme produced Journeys with Elliot Rabinowitz and Declan Quinn. SPC negotiated the acquisition with Young’s manager, Elliot Roberts.
Sony Pictures Classics most recently released Higher Ground and Take Shelter. It has the films A Dangerous Method and Carnage forthcoming this fall. SPC previously released the Demme-directed films Jimmy Carter Man From Plains and Rachel Getting Married.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!