Nick Offerman, Adam Scott and Alison Brie Get High and Loose in New Indie Promo (Video)
The "Parks and Recreation" and "Community" stars feature in a trippy promo for a new film, while Offerman delights the Internet with pearls of wisdom.
Nick Offerman returned to Reddit on Wednesday, dispensing to his flock many life lessons, woodworking tips, fond recollections and an instant classic viral video.
The Parks and Recreation star, who is equal parts sturdy, wise and deadpan, signed on for an AMA (ask me anything) session to promote his new indie film, Somebody Up There Likes Me. In the Bob Byington-directed comedy, Offerman co-stars as the older pal of a waiter named Keith Poulson, who travels through life's ups and downs in an idiosyncratic and detached manner. Offerman, who plays a meat-lover once again in this role, is joined by his wife Megan Mullally and Community star Alison Brie, who have small roles, as well as indie stalwart Jess Weixler, who plays Poulson's wife.
In a short video inspired by the nature of independent film and some killer marijuana, he is joined by his Parks co-star Adam Scott, who finds a grooving party -- featuring Brie and Mullally -- in the famous Offerman Woodshop. This is a step up from the last time they did it.
Here are some highlights from the AMA; video is below. Viewer beware; it could blow some minds.
Does he cry?
"I cry with regularity, and I don't mind a bit. I cried last night during rehearsal for this beautiful play Annapurna, by Sharr White, that Megan and I are doing in LA. I consistently cried at the curt but heartfelt life advice dispensed by Coach Eric Taylor. I cried when Ashton Kutcher came back to television. For all of us. For shame."
Would he ever play Teddy Roosevelt?
"I look forward to playing #26 with a relish that can only be described as fervent. The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt and The River of Doubt are fantastic reads about his exploits, and Theodore Rex is good, but more of the known quantity. You can bet your San Juan Hill that in my portrayal of Teddy, I will wrestle and defeat a Crizzly Bear."
On how to become manly in a hurry:
"Turn off your computer and go out of doors. Dig a large enough hole to transplant a mature apple tree. Nurture the tree, feed it, coddle it so that its fruit will be ample, bright and firm. Practice open-hand strikes against the rough bark of the trunk until it's time to harvest. Choose the champion of your apple crop, pluck it from the tree, and beat yourself about the face and tits with it until your mettle will suffice."
How to maintain an epic mustache:
"Consume oxygen. Eat Food. Drink water and scotch. Also, for reals, keep it washed well, or your whiskers will wick oils to your dermis and your blemishes will be mighty bursting and suppurating volcanoes. Clean beard = Plentiful kisses."
What he regrets from his last AMA:
"I'm not sure that the fact that I bear a healthy rancor towards Jerry Gergich was perfectly elucidated."
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm