'On the Road' Poster Featuring Tom Sturridge as Carlo Marx Debuts
The adaptation of Jack Kerouac's classic novel is directed by Walter Salles.
Two weeks ago, the first trailer for Walter Salles’ On the Road debuted, providing the first look at the long-awaited adaptation of Jack Kerouac's literary classic.
While much attention has been paid to Kristen Stewart’s post-Twilight starring role as Dean Moriarty's young wife, Marylou, in the film, new posters highlight some of the male characters in the film.
A new poster features Tom Sturridge as Carlo Marx, with the tagline, “We’re alive!”
Sam Riley stars as Kerouac's alter-ego Sal Paradise, a recent divorcee who hits the road with his best friend, Dean Moriarty (Garrett Hedlund). Sturridge, Kirsten Dunst, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams, Steve Muscemi and Elisabeth Moss round out the cast.
A character poster for Mortensen’s character, Old Bull Lee, was released at the same time as the trailer. The tagline, “The best teacher is experience” graces the poster. (View below.)
It looks like we can expect more of these sepia-toned character posters to debut in the future before the film, adapted for the screen by Jose Rivera, is released. No official release date for the U.S. has been announced, but rumors are circling that the film may premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!