'On the Road' Poster Featuring Tom Sturridge as Carlo Marx Debuts
The adaptation of Jack Kerouac's classic novel is directed by Walter Salles.
Two weeks ago, the first trailer for Walter Salles’ On the Road debuted, providing the first look at the long-awaited adaptation of Jack Kerouac's literary classic.
While much attention has been paid to Kristen Stewart’s post-Twilight starring role as Dean Moriarty's young wife, Marylou, in the film, new posters highlight some of the male characters in the film.
A new poster features Tom Sturridge as Carlo Marx, with the tagline, “We’re alive!”
Sam Riley stars as Kerouac's alter-ego Sal Paradise, a recent divorcee who hits the road with his best friend, Dean Moriarty (Garrett Hedlund). Sturridge, Kirsten Dunst, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams, Steve Muscemi and Elisabeth Moss round out the cast.
A character poster for Mortensen’s character, Old Bull Lee, was released at the same time as the trailer. The tagline, “The best teacher is experience” graces the poster. (View below.)
It looks like we can expect more of these sepia-toned character posters to debut in the future before the film, adapted for the screen by Jose Rivera, is released. No official release date for the U.S. has been announced, but rumors are circling that the film may premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Charles Osgood Picks Jane Pauley as His Successor on CBS Sunday Morning
- The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
- Some Delightful Literary Weirdo Just Bought Truman Capote’s Ashes For $45,000
- Monty Python’s Michael Palin on Terry Jones: ‘The Progress of His Dementia Has Been Painful to Watch’
- Britney Spears Slays On Stage at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jose Fernandez Announced Girlfriend Carla Mendoza's Pregnancy Just Days Before Tragic Death
- Jose Fernandez Dead - Miami Marlins Pitcher in Boating Accident
- Lea Michele Joins Co-Stars Taylor Lautner & John Stamos at iHeartRadio Music Festival!