'On the Road' Poster Featuring Tom Sturridge as Carlo Marx Debuts
The adaptation of Jack Kerouac's classic novel is directed by Walter Salles.
Two weeks ago, the first trailer for Walter Salles’ On the Road debuted, providing the first look at the long-awaited adaptation of Jack Kerouac's literary classic.
While much attention has been paid to Kristen Stewart’s post-Twilight starring role as Dean Moriarty's young wife, Marylou, in the film, new posters highlight some of the male characters in the film.
A new poster features Tom Sturridge as Carlo Marx, with the tagline, “We’re alive!”
Sam Riley stars as Kerouac's alter-ego Sal Paradise, a recent divorcee who hits the road with his best friend, Dean Moriarty (Garrett Hedlund). Sturridge, Kirsten Dunst, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams, Steve Muscemi and Elisabeth Moss round out the cast.
A character poster for Mortensen’s character, Old Bull Lee, was released at the same time as the trailer. The tagline, “The best teacher is experience” graces the poster. (View below.)
It looks like we can expect more of these sepia-toned character posters to debut in the future before the film, adapted for the screen by Jose Rivera, is released. No official release date for the U.S. has been announced, but rumors are circling that the film may premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'