Oscilloscope Grabs 'The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best'
Ryan O’Nan's debut film will be released in theaters later this year in concert with a live tour by the title band.
Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired all North American rights to The Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best, the debut feature from writer-director Ryan O'Nan. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival and will be released in theaters later this year in concert with a live tour by the title band.
In the film, a brokenhearted underachiever takes off on a road trip with an eccentric friend on which they play children's instruments during a series of strange shows. A soundtrack album on Rhino Records is planned for the Brooklyn Brothers (O’Nan and co-star Michael Weston), as well as a digital release of the film.
"O-Scope reminds me of my favorite record labels I grew up with in the music scene, the great indie labels I could always count on to sign interesting new bands and pour creativity into everything that surrounded the marketing and product as well," said O'Nan.
Arielle Kebbel, Melissa Leo, Andrew McCarthy, Christopher McDonald, Jason Ritter and Wilmer Valderrama appear in the film with O'Nan and Weston. Jason Michael Berman and Kwesi Collisson produced the project, which had its U.S. premiere at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival recently. Ruth Mutch, Sergio Agüero, Thomas B. Fore, Sandra R. Berman and Mark G. Mathis are executive producers.
Oscilloscope's David Fenkel negotiated the deal with ICM and attorneys Larry Weinberg and Robert Fyvolent on behalf of the filmmakers. ICM reps Berman, O’Nan and Ritter.
Eric Christenson of Hollywood Studios International is repping international rights on the film, which is screening at the European Film Market this week.
Oscilloscope has recently released A Film Unfinished, Howl, Monogamy and Meek's Cutoff. Upcoming releases include The Other F Word, We Need to Talk About Kevin and Wuthering Heights.
- Bill Hader Thinks Recent 'SNL' Fan-Voted Bracket Needed More Women
- Grover And Abby Cadabby From 'Sesame Street' Really Love Michelle Obama's Hugs
- Toddler Takes The Lead In Choreographing Interpretive Dance For Adults
- Alison Bechdel Awarded MacArthur Fellowship: 'Fun Home' Creator One Of 21 New Fellows
- Adam Arkin on The Bridge, Directing Himself, and Getting Mistaken for George Clooney
- Get a Glimpse of the Hannibal Writers’ Room in This Clip From the Season 2 DVD
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- An In Depth Joan Rivers Biography is In the Works
- Taylor Schilling & 'OITNB' Cast Brighten Up the Red Carpet at Netflix Launch in Berlin!
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger's Relationship Reportedly in Trouble: 'They've Been Fighting A Lot'
- Ellen Page Wears Nearly Nothing & Flashes Her Amazing Abs for W's New Royals Issue