Oscilloscope, Showtime Acquire Rights to 'The Other F Word' Documentary
The film from Andrea Blaugrund Nevins features Mark Hoppus from Blink-182 and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Oscilloscope Laboratories and Showtime have acquired rights to the documentary The Other F Word, from director Andrea Blaugrund Nevins. The indie distributor plans a fall theatrical release, while Showtime will launch the cable TV premiere next year.
The film explores the issue of how a generation of punk rockers is now handling fatherhood, with Mark Hoppus from Blink-182, Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jim Lindberg from Pennywise, Art Alexakis from Everclear, Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo and many more offering their thoughts on the shift from public rebel to domestic authority figure. F Word had its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival in March.
“When I first heard about this film about musician fathers, I thought, 'Oh no, not another film that everyone thinks I'm going to like...,’” said Oscilloscope’s Adam Yauch. “But I was actually very moved by it, pleasantly surprised, and glad I didn't go with my first instinct. It's a beautiful and touching film.”
Oscilloscope has recently released A Film Unfinished, Howl and Monogamy. Upcoming films include Meek’s Cutoff and James Franco’s documentary Saturday Night.
- Best of Late Night TV: Pierce Brosnan Fails at 'GoldenEye 007,' Chloe Grace Moretz Fakes Cello (VIDEO)
- Let's Rank the 'Saved By the Bell' Very Special Episodes (VIDEO)
- Julianne Hough May Return to 'Dancing With the Stars'... as a Judge
- The East Hill Mall's Back-to-School Commercial Goes Viral for All the Wrong Reasons (VIDEO)
- 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters of Sex' Renewed for Third Seasons By Showtime!
- Iggy Azalea & Nick Young Have a Dinner Date After Her Hilarious Interview with James Franco! (Video)
- Emma Stone To Make Broadway Debut in 'Cabaret'!
- Former President George W. Bush Takes Ice Bucket Challenge, Nominates Former President Bill Clinton!