Oscilloscope, Showtime Acquire Rights to 'The Other F Word' Documentary
The film from Andrea Blaugrund Nevins features Mark Hoppus from Blink-182 and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Oscilloscope Laboratories and Showtime have acquired rights to the documentary The Other F Word, from director Andrea Blaugrund Nevins. The indie distributor plans a fall theatrical release, while Showtime will launch the cable TV premiere next year.
The film explores the issue of how a generation of punk rockers is now handling fatherhood, with Mark Hoppus from Blink-182, Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jim Lindberg from Pennywise, Art Alexakis from Everclear, Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo and many more offering their thoughts on the shift from public rebel to domestic authority figure. F Word had its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival in March.
“When I first heard about this film about musician fathers, I thought, 'Oh no, not another film that everyone thinks I'm going to like...,’” said Oscilloscope’s Adam Yauch. “But I was actually very moved by it, pleasantly surprised, and glad I didn't go with my first instinct. It's a beautiful and touching film.”
Oscilloscope has recently released A Film Unfinished, Howl and Monogamy. Upcoming films include Meek’s Cutoff and James Franco’s documentary Saturday Night.
- And Now, Here Are the 23 Most Outrageous Moments from 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 21 Adrenaline-Pumping Blunders From Your Favorite Action Movies (PHOTOS)
- Best of Late Night TV: Zoe Saldana's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Makeup, Heidi Klum Rolls With Jimmy Fallon (VIDEO)
- Here's What's New on Netflix for August 2014
- Here's a List of the Ten Greatest Lines From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'!
- Kristen Bell Plays Dress Up on Night Off from 'Hair' Rehearsals
- Vin Diesel Covers 'Stay With Me' & Really Goes For Those High Notes - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lopez & Maksim Chmerkovskiy Dating Rumors Still Haven't Been Put to Rest