Oscilloscope, Showtime Acquire Rights to 'The Other F Word' Documentary
The film from Andrea Blaugrund Nevins features Mark Hoppus from Blink-182 and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Oscilloscope Laboratories and Showtime have acquired rights to the documentary The Other F Word, from director Andrea Blaugrund Nevins. The indie distributor plans a fall theatrical release, while Showtime will launch the cable TV premiere next year.
The film explores the issue of how a generation of punk rockers is now handling fatherhood, with Mark Hoppus from Blink-182, Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jim Lindberg from Pennywise, Art Alexakis from Everclear, Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo and many more offering their thoughts on the shift from public rebel to domestic authority figure. F Word had its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival in March.
“When I first heard about this film about musician fathers, I thought, 'Oh no, not another film that everyone thinks I'm going to like...,’” said Oscilloscope’s Adam Yauch. “But I was actually very moved by it, pleasantly surprised, and glad I didn't go with my first instinct. It's a beautiful and touching film.”
Oscilloscope has recently released A Film Unfinished, Howl and Monogamy. Upcoming films include Meek’s Cutoff and James Franco’s documentary Saturday Night.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!