Oscilloscope, Showtime Acquire Rights to 'The Other F Word' Documentary
The film from Andrea Blaugrund Nevins features Mark Hoppus from Blink-182 and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Oscilloscope Laboratories and Showtime have acquired rights to the documentary The Other F Word, from director Andrea Blaugrund Nevins. The indie distributor plans a fall theatrical release, while Showtime will launch the cable TV premiere next year.
The film explores the issue of how a generation of punk rockers is now handling fatherhood, with Mark Hoppus from Blink-182, Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jim Lindberg from Pennywise, Art Alexakis from Everclear, Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo and many more offering their thoughts on the shift from public rebel to domestic authority figure. F Word had its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival in March.
“When I first heard about this film about musician fathers, I thought, 'Oh no, not another film that everyone thinks I'm going to like...,’” said Oscilloscope’s Adam Yauch. “But I was actually very moved by it, pleasantly surprised, and glad I didn't go with my first instinct. It's a beautiful and touching film.”
Oscilloscope has recently released A Film Unfinished, Howl and Monogamy. Upcoming films include Meek’s Cutoff and James Franco’s documentary Saturday Night.
- More Than a Feeling: The Importance (and Necessity) of Pixar's Inside Out
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered