Paradigm Agent Norm Aladjem Exits
Aladjem, who represents Katherine Heigl, had been with Paradigm for 8 years and was chairman of its management committee. He joins Levity Entertainment Group
Longtime Paradigm agent Norm Aladjem is leaving the Beverly Hills Agency to join Levity Entertainment Group. Aladjem, who represents Katherine Heigl and Sharon Stone, among others, had been with Paradigm for 8 years. Aladjem was running the agency's talent department. Agency topper Sam Gores will step in to oversee the talent department, along with Andrew Ruf, who will focus on film talent; Erwin More will continue to run the television talent department. Sarah Fargo will run the New York-based talent group.
Aladjem will serve as president of Levity, which not only manages comedy talent but also owns one of the country’s largest groups of comedy clubs and live events spaces.
In an email to his colleagues, which he signed "see you in a minute," Aladjem wrote: "The opportunity to help guide a cutting edge company involved in content creation and distribution across multiple platforms of traditional and digital media was simply too exciting a challenge for me to ignore. In my new position I will get to flex very different muscles than one does as an agent."
Added Levity Chairman Robert Hartmann in a statement announcing the news: “Levity’s business, which has always been strong in live comedy, comedy talent management and television production, has grown and become more diverse. We’re delighted to have an A-list executive -- with experience in every entertainment vertical -- join us as we further expand to take advantage of emerging opportunities in both traditional and digital packaging and production."
Aladjem's email to Paradigm staff is below:
To my Paradigm family,
I have a friend who doesn’t like to say goodbye. Instead, he always says “see you in a minute”.
I am writing to let you all know that I am leaving the agency business to become President of Levity Entertainment Group.
Levity is a vertically integrated entertainment company with production, digital, management, and branding/licensing divisions. Its partners also own numerous comedy clubs around the country.
I have been an agent for almost seventeen years, eight of them here at Paradigm. Sam has been a wonderful mentor and friend and I leave with more than a little sadness. Yet the opportunity to help guide a cutting edge company involved in content creation and distribution across multiple platforms of traditional and digital media was simply too exciting a challenge for me to ignore. In my new position I will get to flex very different muscles than one does as an agent.
Under Sam’s leadership Paradigm has accomplished amazing things, and no doubt will continue to do so. We expect that the clients whose lives I’ve been a part of will continue on with Paradigm, and I will be here to help make all the transitions smooth and orderly.
I will miss our clients.
I will miss being in the battlefield, although I know that different battlefields await me.
And most of all I will miss my Paradigm family. We’ve laughed together, cried together, toiled together and celebrated together. Those memories will be and remain a part of me forever.
See you in a minute.
- Empire State Building Pays Tribute To Endangered Animals, Remembers Cecil The Lion
- 'Friday Night Lights' Coach Is Back With A Helpful Pep Talk
- A Fair Way to Choose Candidates for Republican Debate: Learning From the Oscars
- Candace Cameron Bure Shares Adorable Snap Of Kimmy, DJ And Stephanie On Set Of 'Fuller House'
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie
- Christina Applegate Answers Question About 80s Breakup With Brad Pitt (Video)