Paramount and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Acquire 'Wunderkind' Script
The action-thriller is set in the 1970s and follows two Nazi hunters.
Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot production banner have optioned the spec script Wunderkind from Patrick Aison, the studio announced Monday afternoon.
Abrams and Bryan Burk of Bad Robot will produce. Chris Cowles and Chris Fenton of management and production firm H2F Entertainment will executive produce, with Brian McCurley serving as associate producer.
The action/thriller is set in the 1970s and follows two Nazi hunters; one is with the CIA and another works for Israel's Mossad intelligence organization. The two hunters' paths become intertwined -- but they only start working together reluctantly.
Aison, who is represented by H2F and attorney Peter Sample, recently co-wrote the sci-fi thriller spec Echo Station, which the Spierig Brothers (Daybreakers) will direct. The film starts production this fall in Australia with Circle of Confusion and H2F producing.
In February, Abrams and his Bad Robot production banner extended their first-look deal with Paramount through December 2015.
Abrams' relationship with Paramount has been a fruitful one since 2006, when he first signed a deal with the studio. Since then, Bad Robot and Paramount have made Mission: Impossible III, Cloverfield, Star Trek, Morning Glory, and Super 8, with Abrams directing several of the titles in addition to Bad Robot producing.
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Best of Late Night TV: Barbra Streisand Duets, Ike Barinholtz's Obama Impression, Jane Fonda's Breasts (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro