Paramount Shifts 'Morning Glory' Release Date to Nov. 10
The Harrison Ford-Diane Keaton comedy from Bad Robot moves up two days to get a jump on the weekend.
Paramount Pictures has moved up the release date of its Harrison Ford-Diane Keaton comedy Morning Glory two days to Nov. 10.
That weekend, the Roger Michell-directed film is opening in competition against the Fox actioner Unstoppable, starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine, and the Universal sci-fi flick Skyline. Pulling the release date forward often is an attempt by the studio to capture the attention of moviegoers ahead of the weekend and get a potential jump on good word of mouth to pull viewers away from the other options.
Warner Bros.' Due Date opens the weekend before, but there are no other comedies on the docket the following weekend, so Glory would have an open two-week run as the freshest comedy on the market. We'll see if that helps give extra legs to a film that's likely to draw mostly older audiences who rarely feel the urgency to see a movie opening weekend.
- Best of Late Night TV: Miranda Kerr's Game of Flip Cup and Conan O'Brien's Tinder Date (VIDEO)
- Neil Patrick Harris's Review of 'Gone Girl' Is Nothing Short of a Rave (VIDEO)
- 'The Purge: Anarchy' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Savage Sequel
- A History of the Most Embarrassing Sex Moments in Movies (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
- Nicole Richie Gets Tipsy in the Grocery Store in this 'Candidly Nicole' Exclusive Clip!
- Nicola Peltz Keeps Her Chic Streak Going on 'Transformers' Tour!
- George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Step Out for Romantic Dinner at Harry's Bar!
- Kate Beckinsale Will Be Headed Down South for Wentworth Miller's 'Disappointments Room'!