Parker Posey to Host 2012 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony
This year's 22-member jury includes Shari Berman, Scott Burns, Charles Ferguson, Nick Fraser, Mike Judge, Justin Lin, and Anthony Mackie.
The Sundance Institute announced that actress Parker Posey will host the Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony on January 28. The 22 members of the six juries awarding prizes at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, were also announced.
Posey, who has appeared in more than a dozen films at the Sundance Film Festival, will serve as the host of the Awards Ceremony, set to take place January 28 at 7:00 p.m. MT at the Basin Recreation Field House in Park City, Utah and live-streamed at www.sundance.org/festival.
Posey also appears in Price Check in the out-of-competition premieres section at this year’s Festival.
Awards for short films will also be announced at a separate ceremony on January 24 at Park City’s Jupiter Bowl.
This year’s jury members include filmmaker Shari Berman (Cinema Verite), screenwriter Scott Burns (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.), director Charles Ferguson (Inside Job), King of the Hill creator Mike Judge, filmmaker Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow) and actor Anthony Mackie (The Hurt Locker).
The full list of jury members is below:
U.S. DOCUMENTARY JURY
U.S. DRAMATIC JURY
WORLD DOCUMENTARY JURY
WORLD DRAMATIC JURY
ALFRED P. SLOAN JURY
SHORT FILM JURY
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material
- Try Not To Smile at These Seniors Hilariously Recreating Iconic Movie & TV Scenes (PHOTOS)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Brings the Creepy in Intense New 'Nightcrawler' Trailer (VIDEO)
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Will Sail Into Theaters July 2017
- 11 Movies So Bad They're Worth Watching Just to See How Bad They Are