'Passion': Rachel McAdams, Noomi Rapace Mix Sex and Lies in First Trailer (Video)
Brian De Palma's erotic thriller will have its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
The first trailer for Brian De Palma’s new film, Passion, has hit the web, showing Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace caught up in power struggle that involves dramatic conversations in limos, creepy white face masks and at least one black lace blindfold.
Passion is a remake of French thriller Love Crime, following a woman (McAdams) and her protégé (Rapace) who work together at a conglomerate. When her boss steals one of her ideas, the protégé embarks on a deadly revenge mission.
The erotic thriller is along the lines of what you’d expect from De Palma, who helmed Dressed to Kill (1980), Femme Fatale (2002) and The Black Dahlia (2006).
Rapace, who most recently starred in Ridley Scott’s Prometheus and played the creepy and intense lead in the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, gets to revisit that dark side once again as the vulnerable protégé. McAdams, known for her many romantic dramas (The Notebook, The Vow), gets to explore her creepier persona with this role.
Passion will travel the film festival circuit, competing for the Golden Lion at the 69th Venice International Film Festival in late August and then on to the Toronto International Film Festival in September.
Watch the trailer above.
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!