Magnet Takes Patton Oswalt/Johnny Knoxville Comedy 'Nature Calls'
The movie, directed by Todd Rohal, will be released on VOD Oct. 4 and hit theaters Nov. 9.
Magnet Releasing has acquired North American rights to the comedy Nature Calls, starring Patton Oswalt and Johnny Knoxville. It plans to release the film this fall through its Ultra VOD program, debuting it on all VOD platforms on Oct. 4, with a theatrical release to follow on Nov. 9.
Written and directed by Todd Rohal (The Catechism Cataclysm), the movie stars Oswalt playing a scout leader whose troop ditches him in favor of a TV-themed slumber party thrown by his brother and polar opposite, played by Knoxville. The movie also stars Rob Riggle, Patrice O’Neal, Maura Tierney and Darrell Hammond.
It was produced by Lisa Muskat, with David Gordon Green, David Bausch, Michael Clark and John Hodges as executive producers.
"Nature Calls holds its own with the best low-brow comedy classics,” Magnolia president Eamonn Bowles said. “Well directed with a truly funny cast, this is going to be a late night favorite for years to come.”
The deal was negotiated by Magnet/Magnolia svp, acquisitions Dori Begley with Cinetic Media and CAA.
- 'Fargo' Season 2 Scoop: It's Getting Real In Sioux Falls
- The Real-to-Reel Life of Former NYPD Detective and TV/Movie Producer Sonny Grosso Keeps on Rolling
- Jonah Hill Officiated Pal Adam Levine's Wedding To Behati Prinsloo's Wedding
- 'The Flash' Scoop Reveals Enemies, Friends, Crossovers And A Gay Character
- Ashton Kutcher Is 'Super Excited' to Have Baby with Fiancee Mila Kunis!
- Bradley Cooper Hides His Blue Eyes Under Sunglasses at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Tells 'Allure' That She Still Believes in True Love
- Chris Pratt Is Definitely the Leading Man By Anna Faris' Side at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Premiere!