Magnet Takes Patton Oswalt/Johnny Knoxville Comedy 'Nature Calls'
The movie, directed by Todd Rohal, will be released on VOD Oct. 4 and hit theaters Nov. 9.
Magnet Releasing has acquired North American rights to the comedy Nature Calls, starring Patton Oswalt and Johnny Knoxville. It plans to release the film this fall through its Ultra VOD program, debuting it on all VOD platforms on Oct. 4, with a theatrical release to follow on Nov. 9.
Written and directed by Todd Rohal (The Catechism Cataclysm), the movie stars Oswalt playing a scout leader whose troop ditches him in favor of a TV-themed slumber party thrown by his brother and polar opposite, played by Knoxville. The movie also stars Rob Riggle, Patrice O’Neal, Maura Tierney and Darrell Hammond.
It was produced by Lisa Muskat, with David Gordon Green, David Bausch, Michael Clark and John Hodges as executive producers.
"Nature Calls holds its own with the best low-brow comedy classics,” Magnolia president Eamonn Bowles said. “Well directed with a truly funny cast, this is going to be a late night favorite for years to come.”
The deal was negotiated by Magnet/Magnolia svp, acquisitions Dori Begley with Cinetic Media and CAA.
- RIP, Anne Meara: Stars Tweet Tributes, Ben Stiller Thanks Fans for 'Kind Words'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei's Comeuppance, Dany Meets 'The Gift'
- 'Braveheart': 25 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Mel Gibson's Epic
- 'Fantastic Four' Star Michael B. Jordan Responds to Critics of Black Johnny Storm
- The Newsroom's Alison Pill Marries Joshua Leonard - See Wedding Photos!
- Tyson Beckford Responds to Chris Brown's Threats Using Gun - See Video Here!
- Amanda Seyfried Poses Nude for Mario Testino's Towel Series