'Peace, Love and Misunderstanding' Trailer: Jane Fonda Plays a Hippie Grandmother (Video)
Catherine Keener stars as a divorcee who reunites with her zany mother on a farmhouse.
The first trailer for IFC Films’ Peace, Love and Misunderstanding, which follows a woman on the verge of divorce (Catherine Keener) who takes her kids (Elizabeth Olsen and Nat Wolff) to visit their hippie grandmother (Jane Fonda), has debuted.
The premise of the film may feel a bit familiar but with this cast, the comedy could really come alive.
The star of the film, which is directed by Bruce Beresford (Driving Miss Daisy), is clearly Fonda, who sports a big shaggy wig and plenty of hippie clothes. Her scenes are the funniest as her character shares some life lessons with her long-lost daughter and grandchildren.
Peace, Love and Misunderstanding could be a good follow up for Olsen, who received all that attention for 2011’s Martha Marcy May Marlene, but didn’t get as much buzz for horror pic Silent House that came out in March. Her character’s love interest in the film is played by Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford.
IFC Films picked up Peace, Love & Misunderstanding at the Toronto International Film Festival last year and has it slated for release on June 8.
Watch the trailer below.
- Amy Schumer Responds To 'Formation' Parody Backlash With Topless Photo
- Rihanna And Missy Elliott Get Involved In Search For Missing Backup Dancer
- Tom Hanks Asks Zoltar To Make Him A 'Big' Kid Again In Hilarious 'Late Show' Skit
- Television Legend Norman Lear Goes In Front of The Camera in New Documentary
- The Walking Dead Season-7 Premiere Is Likely the Most-Watched Episode of the Series Ever
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on The Walking Dead Premiere: 'It Was Just So Fucking Heavy'
- Tom Hanks Revisits Zoltar and Wishes to Be Big Again, Which, at This Point, Really Means Small
- Random Questions for Ricky Gervais Lead to Answers About Cucumbers and Pendulums on Tonight Show