'Peace, Love and Misunderstanding' Trailer: Jane Fonda Plays a Hippie Grandmother (Video)
Catherine Keener stars as a divorcee who reunites with her zany mother on a farmhouse.
The first trailer for IFC Films’ Peace, Love and Misunderstanding, which follows a woman on the verge of divorce (Catherine Keener) who takes her kids (Elizabeth Olsen and Nat Wolff) to visit their hippie grandmother (Jane Fonda), has debuted.
The premise of the film may feel a bit familiar but with this cast, the comedy could really come alive.
The star of the film, which is directed by Bruce Beresford (Driving Miss Daisy), is clearly Fonda, who sports a big shaggy wig and plenty of hippie clothes. Her scenes are the funniest as her character shares some life lessons with her long-lost daughter and grandchildren.
Peace, Love and Misunderstanding could be a good follow up for Olsen, who received all that attention for 2011’s Martha Marcy May Marlene, but didn’t get as much buzz for horror pic Silent House that came out in March. Her character’s love interest in the film is played by Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford.
IFC Films picked up Peace, Love & Misunderstanding at the Toronto International Film Festival last year and has it slated for release on June 8.
Watch the trailer below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical
- Chloe Grace Moretz Officially Joins 'The 5th Wave'
- 'Trailer Park Boys 3: Don't Legalize It': Ricky, Julian and Bubbles Encourage You To Go See It (VIDEO)
- Here's the 'Green Inferno' Trailer You've Been Waiting For (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Final 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Trailer Is Jam-Packed With Mutants (VIDEO)