Pedro Almodóvar, Antonio Banderas Reunite in 'The Skin I Live In' Trailer (Video)
The Sony thriller from the Oscar-winning director features the actor as a mad plastic surgeon.
Could a film by Spanish writer/director Pedro Almodóvar get any more twisted?
The answer is yes – according to the trailer for his latest film, The Skin I Live In.
Almodóvar (Talk to Her, Volver) reunites with his long-time regular star Antonio Banderas for the psychosexual thriller. Banderas plays a plastic surgeon who has unique plans for the woman (Elena Anaya) he has imprisoned in his basement.
It’s been more than two decades since Banderas worked in a film by Almodóvar. The actor was essentially given his start when he was cast in the director’s films, including Labyrinth of Passion, Law of Desire and Matador.
The trailer for the film, which will have its release in the U.S. on October 14, promises a deep, dark, twisted exploration of identity, anxiety and betrayal -- common themes for Almodóvar. The film premieres at Cannes in 2011.
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler