Pedro Almodóvar, Antonio Banderas Reunite in 'The Skin I Live In' Trailer (Video)
The Sony thriller from the Oscar-winning director features the actor as a mad plastic surgeon.
Could a film by Spanish writer/director Pedro Almodóvar get any more twisted?
The answer is yes – according to the trailer for his latest film, The Skin I Live In.
Almodóvar (Talk to Her, Volver) reunites with his long-time regular star Antonio Banderas for the psychosexual thriller. Banderas plays a plastic surgeon who has unique plans for the woman (Elena Anaya) he has imprisoned in his basement.
It’s been more than two decades since Banderas worked in a film by Almodóvar. The actor was essentially given his start when he was cast in the director’s films, including Labyrinth of Passion, Law of Desire and Matador.
The trailer for the film, which will have its release in the U.S. on October 14, promises a deep, dark, twisted exploration of identity, anxiety and betrayal -- common themes for Almodóvar. The film premieres at Cannes in 2011.
- Oscar Isaac to Play Titular Villain in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Will Debut This Week -- But Only in Select Theaters (PHOTO)
- 'Jurassic World' Teaser Trailer Welcomes Us to the Park (VIDEO)
- What's New on TV, Netflix Streaming, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: November 24 - 30
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows She Really Loves the 'Real Housewives,' Visits Lisa Vanderpump's Restaurant!
- Lady Gaga Is Live Streaming Her Final 'ARTPOP Ball' Concert!
- Bebe Rexha: 'I Can't Stop Drinking About You' Acoustic Version (Exclusive Premiere)
- Eminem Drops Video for 'Guts Over Fear' ft. Sia - Watch Now!