Pedro Almodóvar, Antonio Banderas Reunite in 'The Skin I Live In' Trailer (Video)
The Sony thriller from the Oscar-winning director features the actor as a mad plastic surgeon.
Could a film by Spanish writer/director Pedro Almodóvar get any more twisted?
The answer is yes – according to the trailer for his latest film, The Skin I Live In.
Almodóvar (Talk to Her, Volver) reunites with his long-time regular star Antonio Banderas for the psychosexual thriller. Banderas plays a plastic surgeon who has unique plans for the woman (Elena Anaya) he has imprisoned in his basement.
It’s been more than two decades since Banderas worked in a film by Almodóvar. The actor was essentially given his start when he was cast in the director’s films, including Labyrinth of Passion, Law of Desire and Matador.
The trailer for the film, which will have its release in the U.S. on October 14, promises a deep, dark, twisted exploration of identity, anxiety and betrayal -- common themes for Almodóvar. The film premieres at Cannes in 2011.
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity