Pedro Almodóvar, Antonio Banderas Reunite in 'The Skin I Live In' Trailer (Video)
The Sony thriller from the Oscar-winning director features the actor as a mad plastic surgeon.
Could a film by Spanish writer/director Pedro Almodóvar get any more twisted?
The answer is yes – according to the trailer for his latest film, The Skin I Live In.
Almodóvar (Talk to Her, Volver) reunites with his long-time regular star Antonio Banderas for the psychosexual thriller. Banderas plays a plastic surgeon who has unique plans for the woman (Elena Anaya) he has imprisoned in his basement.
It’s been more than two decades since Banderas worked in a film by Almodóvar. The actor was essentially given his start when he was cast in the director’s films, including Labyrinth of Passion, Law of Desire and Matador.
The trailer for the film, which will have its release in the U.S. on October 14, promises a deep, dark, twisted exploration of identity, anxiety and betrayal -- common themes for Almodóvar. The film premieres at Cannes in 2011.
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Zoe Saldana Gets Gifted Two Halloween Costumes For Twins in 'Queen Latifah Show' Exclusive Video
- Oscar de la Renta Dead - Legendary Fashion Designer Dies at 82
- Pregnant Blake Lively Accentuates Baby Bump with a Beaming Ryan Reynolds By Her Side!
- Rachel Bilson Gets a Checkup Before Her Baby's Arrival!