Pedro Almodóvar, Antonio Banderas Reunite in 'The Skin I Live In' Trailer (Video)
The Sony thriller from the Oscar-winning director features the actor as a mad plastic surgeon.
Could a film by Spanish writer/director Pedro Almodóvar get any more twisted?
The answer is yes – according to the trailer for his latest film, The Skin I Live In.
Almodóvar (Talk to Her, Volver) reunites with his long-time regular star Antonio Banderas for the psychosexual thriller. Banderas plays a plastic surgeon who has unique plans for the woman (Elena Anaya) he has imprisoned in his basement.
It’s been more than two decades since Banderas worked in a film by Almodóvar. The actor was essentially given his start when he was cast in the director’s films, including Labyrinth of Passion, Law of Desire and Matador.
The trailer for the film, which will have its release in the U.S. on October 14, promises a deep, dark, twisted exploration of identity, anxiety and betrayal -- common themes for Almodóvar. The film premieres at Cannes in 2011.
- Taylor Swift Performs 'This Is What You Came For' During Only Concert in 2016, Giving the People That For Which They Came — More or Less
- In a Move You Can Probably Domo Arigato Mr. Robot for, NBC Is Adapting Hacker Film Sneakers
- Sky Ferreira to Do a Lot of Rockin’ and Headbangin’ in a Black Metal Film
- Ryan Gosling Was Almost Cast on Gilmore Girls, and Other Things We Learned From the Show’s Fan Fest
- Josh Hartnett Says He'd Love 'Penny Dreadful' to Return for Another Season! (Video)
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement (Report)
- Celebrities React to Chicago Cubs Making it to the World Series for the First Time Since 1945!
- Katie Holmes Fuels Up On Coffee After 'LA Weekly' Meeting