The Question Logan Lerman Hates and the Words Emma Watson Can't Say
The two young stars spoke with THR at the NYC premiere of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."
Between film festivals, press junket days and bicoastal premieres, Logan Lerman has been asked just about every question there is to ask about his new high school dramedy, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. And though a bit shy, he puts on a happy face and smiles as he gives his answers to eager reporters from around the world.
It can't be easy, and there have to be some bad questions, right? THR asked Lerman at the New York City premiere of the film on Thursday, and after a moment of thought, he made his choice.
"You know what I hate? 'Were there any pranks on set?'" he laughed. "Nobody f----king pranks each other on a movie set! I respect all these people too much, I don’t want to screw around with their work."
For co-star Emma Watson, it must have just been a relief to be able to answer questions with her natural voice.
After a decade of using her British lilt in the Harry Potter films, she had to learn how to speak with an American accent for Perks, in which she plays gregarious high school senior, Sam. When asked which words gave her trouble, she answered right away.
"The word vinyl, for some reason," Watson smiled. "Vinyl and Olive Garden, I struggled with. I don’t know why. In the movie, Sam goes there a lot."
On the subject of vinyl: Lerman was still a bit wide-eyed about his chat with Sir Paul McCartney, whom he met a THR-sponsored screening of the film in The Hamptons over Labor Day Weekend.
"He was just really complimentary about the film and everybody in it, it was just cool. It was the coolest thing," Lerman raved. "I mean, I’m a huge fan. Huge huge fan. And he’s one of the greatest musicians ever. It’s nuts. It was weird because there was that moment in the film where I’m looking at [the Beatles' song] 'Something' on vinyl, and he’s watching. That’s nuts."
That Lerman was able to say that with such ease could have made Watson a bit jealous.
The NYC Premiere of Perks of Being a Wallflower, at the Crosby Street Hotel, was presented by The Cinema Society and Lancome.
- Best of Late Night TV: Audra McDonald Sings Yahoo! Answers, Robin Wright Dances, Conan's 'Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda' Cameo
- John Boyega is 'Aiming' for a Marvel Movie Role
- Dan Aykroyd Assures Us That 'Ghostbusters 3' Will Start Filming Next Spring (VIDEO)
- This Is What 'The Purge: Anarchy' Would Look Like In Canada
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs