Phase 4 Films Picks Up Billy Bob Thornton Action Comedy 'The Baytown Outlaws'
The film starring Eva Longoria, Paul Wesley and Andre Braugher will be released in early 2013.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to the action/comedy The Baytown Outlaws, starring Eva Longoria and Billy Bob Thornton. The distributor plans to release the film in early 2013.
Formerly titled The Baytown Disco, the screenplay, written by Barry Battles and Griffin Hood, was on the 2009 Black List, the annual list of top, unproduced screenplays in Hollywood. Battles also directed the film, which also stars Paul Wesley, Andre Braugher and Thomas Brodie.
The movie revolves around three Alabama brothers who find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they finally try to do a single good deed.
LLeju Production’s William O. Perkins financed and produced the movie alongside Robert Teitel from State Street Pictures. Hood, Ryan Jones, Thomas J. Busch and MaryVernieuare executive producers.
“The Baytown Outlaws is an absolute crowd pleaser as it combines lots of action with sharp humor led by an amazing group of actors,” Berry Meyerowitz, president and CEO of Phase 4 Films, said.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with WME Global repping the filmmakers. Highland Film Group is handling international sales.
- A 40-Year-Old Woman Has A No. 1 Hit For The First Time In Nearly 16 Years
- Hamptons Journal: Nona Hendryx Pays Tribute to Bowie at LongHouse Reserve Jubilee/ Richard Mishaan's Design at Guild Hall, and the East Hampton Historical Society
- Teenager's Stunning Celine Dion Covers Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- Nick Cannon Let Loose In New 'Access Hollywood' Interview
- Hamilton's Renée Elise Goldsberry to Star in HBO's The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Not Magnificent Enough, Now Chance the Rapper Is Making His Own Music Festival in Chicago
- Vladimir Putin Is Having a Rough Day Working the Phone for Donald Trump
- Everything You Missed at the Inaugural 2016 Panorama Festival