Phase 4 Films Picks Up Billy Bob Thornton Action Comedy 'The Baytown Outlaws'
The film starring Eva Longoria, Paul Wesley and Andre Braugher will be released in early 2013.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to the action/comedy The Baytown Outlaws, starring Eva Longoria and Billy Bob Thornton. The distributor plans to release the film in early 2013.
Formerly titled The Baytown Disco, the screenplay, written by Barry Battles and Griffin Hood, was on the 2009 Black List, the annual list of top, unproduced screenplays in Hollywood. Battles also directed the film, which also stars Paul Wesley, Andre Braugher and Thomas Brodie.
The movie revolves around three Alabama brothers who find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they finally try to do a single good deed.
LLeju Production’s William O. Perkins financed and produced the movie alongside Robert Teitel from State Street Pictures. Hood, Ryan Jones, Thomas J. Busch and MaryVernieuare executive producers.
“The Baytown Outlaws is an absolute crowd pleaser as it combines lots of action with sharp humor led by an amazing group of actors,” Berry Meyerowitz, president and CEO of Phase 4 Films, said.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with WME Global repping the filmmakers. Highland Film Group is handling international sales.
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Jennifer Lawrence Rocks Oscar de la Renta Dress at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Jennifer Garner & Elizabeth Banks Get Recognized at Elle's Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Diane Kruger Talks Aging Gracefully & Embracing It in 'Harper's Bazaar Australia'
- Irina Shayk Displays Killer Abs Before Her Night Out on the Town