Phase 4 Films Picks Up Billy Bob Thornton Action Comedy 'The Baytown Outlaws'
The film starring Eva Longoria, Paul Wesley and Andre Braugher will be released in early 2013.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to the action/comedy The Baytown Outlaws, starring Eva Longoria and Billy Bob Thornton. The distributor plans to release the film in early 2013.
Formerly titled The Baytown Disco, the screenplay, written by Barry Battles and Griffin Hood, was on the 2009 Black List, the annual list of top, unproduced screenplays in Hollywood. Battles also directed the film, which also stars Paul Wesley, Andre Braugher and Thomas Brodie.
The movie revolves around three Alabama brothers who find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they finally try to do a single good deed.
LLeju Production’s William O. Perkins financed and produced the movie alongside Robert Teitel from State Street Pictures. Hood, Ryan Jones, Thomas J. Busch and MaryVernieuare executive producers.
“The Baytown Outlaws is an absolute crowd pleaser as it combines lots of action with sharp humor led by an amazing group of actors,” Berry Meyerowitz, president and CEO of Phase 4 Films, said.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with WME Global repping the filmmakers. Highland Film Group is handling international sales.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!