Phase 4 Films Picks Up Billy Bob Thornton Action Comedy 'The Baytown Outlaws'
The film starring Eva Longoria, Paul Wesley and Andre Braugher will be released in early 2013.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to the action/comedy The Baytown Outlaws, starring Eva Longoria and Billy Bob Thornton. The distributor plans to release the film in early 2013.
Formerly titled The Baytown Disco, the screenplay, written by Barry Battles and Griffin Hood, was on the 2009 Black List, the annual list of top, unproduced screenplays in Hollywood. Battles also directed the film, which also stars Paul Wesley, Andre Braugher and Thomas Brodie.
The movie revolves around three Alabama brothers who find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they finally try to do a single good deed.
LLeju Production’s William O. Perkins financed and produced the movie alongside Robert Teitel from State Street Pictures. Hood, Ryan Jones, Thomas J. Busch and MaryVernieuare executive producers.
“The Baytown Outlaws is an absolute crowd pleaser as it combines lots of action with sharp humor led by an amazing group of actors,” Berry Meyerowitz, president and CEO of Phase 4 Films, said.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with WME Global repping the filmmakers. Highland Film Group is handling international sales.
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Norman Reedus to Publish Book of 'Walking Dead' Fans' Daryl Dixon Art (PHOTOS)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Winners: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Meet Pete Davidson, the Newest 'Saturday Night Live' Featured Player (VIDEO)
- Kerry Washington Fights Against Domestic Violence at Purple Purse Programe
- Taylor Schilling & Laura Prepon Bring 'OITNB' to Netflix Launch in Paris!
- Bradley Cooper & Suki Waterhouse Meet Up With Sienna Miller & Tom Sturridge For Dinner!
- Kim Kardashian Defends Husband Kanye West After Wheelchair Concert Controversy