Phase 4 Gets 'Lucky' With Colin Hanks
The dark comedy will receive a theatrical and VOD release this summer.
Phase 4 Films has acquired all North American rights to the dark comedy Lucky. The film, which will have its world premiere at the Dallas International Film Festival this week, will receive a theatrical and VOD release this summer.
Colin Hanks, Ari Graynor, Jeffrey Tambor and Ann-Margret star in the story of a young man who wins the lottery and pursues his dream girl while trying to hide his ambitions as a serial killer. Gil Cates Jr. directed the film, and Kent Sublette wrote the screenplay. Cates Jr. and Caitlin Murney produced through their Ten/Four Pictures.
“Lucky is thrilling, disturbing, and hilarious all at the same time,” said Phase 4 president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz. “It is one of the most original films I have seen in a while, and we are excited to bring the picture to audiences across the U.S. and Canada.”
Phase 4 acquisitions exec Larry Greenberg negotiated the deal with Linda Lichter at Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman on behalf of the filmmakers.
Phase 4 recently distributed The Freebie, 50 Dead Men Walking and Brotherhood.
- Mr. Robot Creator Sam Esmail on Surprising Audiences, Season Two, and What the Show Is Really All About
- B.D. Wong on Why Mr. Robot’s Portrayal of a Transgender Character Is Radical
- Are You in Need of a Good Scream-Along? No Worries — Here Are the Opening Credits for the Very Scream-y Scream Queens
- How Mr. Robot Became One of TV’s Most Visually Striking Shows
- Here's Lucy! Cate Blanchett to Play Lucille Ball
- Oscars 2016 Ceremony Will Have Two (or More) Hosts, Since It Went So Well Last Time
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Looking at Gina Rodriguez, Tatiana Maslany, Olivia Cooke For Lead Role
- Candace Cameron Bure Talks 'Fuller House': 'It Feels Like We Didn't Skip a Beat'