Phase 4 Picks Up 'Sassy Pants,' Starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment
The coming-of-age comedy-drama, directed by Coley Sohn, also stars Anna Gunn and Diedrich Bader.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to Sassy Pants, a comedy-of-age movie starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment.
In the comedy-drama written and directed by Coley Sohn, Rickards (of MTV’s Awkward) plays a rebellious teen, who runs away from her overbearing mom (Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn) to live with her gay dad (Diedrich Bader) and his young boyfriend (played by The Sixth Sense’s Osment, now grown up).
Adam Wilkins and Pavlina Hatoupis produced the project, which had its world premiere earlier this year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
Phase 4 Films, headed by president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz, is planning to release the film day-and-date in theaters and on VOD this fall.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Traction Media, which repped the filmmakers.
- Katy Perry's 'Firework' Matches Up Perfectly With This 1984 Cheerleading Video
- Watch Amy Schumer Invade Anna Kendrick's Personal Space In MTV Movie Awards Promo
- Benicio Del Toro's Weird Accent In ‘The Usual Suspects' Should Have Won The Oscar For Best Foreign Film
- Books: Best-Selling Author Karin Slaughter Speaks Out On Rape, The Police and Her New Book "Cop Town"
- Jay Z Invades Streaming Business By Offering $56 Million For Spotify Rival
- Nikki Reed Helps Shy Guy Ask Her Out in 'Enter the Dangerous Mind' Clip (Exclusive)
- Reese Witherspoon Heads South to Finish Filming & Eat All the Beignets She Can
- Ellie Goudling Shows Off Her Insane Physique in Nike Ad - Watch Here