Phase 4 Picks Up 'Sassy Pants,' Starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment
The coming-of-age comedy-drama, directed by Coley Sohn, also stars Anna Gunn and Diedrich Bader.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to Sassy Pants, a comedy-of-age movie starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment.
In the comedy-drama written and directed by Coley Sohn, Rickards (of MTV’s Awkward) plays a rebellious teen, who runs away from her overbearing mom (Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn) to live with her gay dad (Diedrich Bader) and his young boyfriend (played by The Sixth Sense’s Osment, now grown up).
Adam Wilkins and Pavlina Hatoupis produced the project, which had its world premiere earlier this year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
Phase 4 Films, headed by president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz, is planning to release the film day-and-date in theaters and on VOD this fall.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Traction Media, which repped the filmmakers.
- This 'Insidious: Chapter 3' First Look Takes Us Back In (Terrifying) Time (PHOTO)
- Reese Witherspoon in Two French-Canadian Toronto Film Festival Movies
- Sandra Bullock's Next Movie Will Tell the Tale of Tupperware Parties
- Ethan Hawke Is One Cool Time Traveling Crime Fighter In the 'Predestination' Trailer (VIDEO)
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!