Phase 4 Picks Up 'Sassy Pants,' Starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment
The coming-of-age comedy-drama, directed by Coley Sohn, also stars Anna Gunn and Diedrich Bader.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to Sassy Pants, a comedy-of-age movie starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment.
In the comedy-drama written and directed by Coley Sohn, Rickards (of MTV’s Awkward) plays a rebellious teen, who runs away from her overbearing mom (Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn) to live with her gay dad (Diedrich Bader) and his young boyfriend (played by The Sixth Sense’s Osment, now grown up).
Adam Wilkins and Pavlina Hatoupis produced the project, which had its world premiere earlier this year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
Phase 4 Films, headed by president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz, is planning to release the film day-and-date in theaters and on VOD this fall.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Traction Media, which repped the filmmakers.
- Taylor Swift Performs 'This Is What You Came For' During Only Concert in 2016, Giving the People That For Which They Came — More or Less
- In a Move You Can Probably Domo Arigato Mr. Robot for, NBC Is Adapting Hacker Film Sneakers
- Sky Ferreira to Do a Lot of Rockin’ and Headbangin’ in a Black Metal Film
- Ryan Gosling Was Almost Cast on Gilmore Girls, and Other Things We Learned From the Show’s Fan Fest
- Josh Hartnett Says He'd Love 'Penny Dreadful' to Return for Another Season! (Video)
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement (Report)
- Celebrities React to Chicago Cubs Making it to the World Series for the First Time Since 1945!
- Katie Holmes Fuels Up On Coffee After 'LA Weekly' Meeting