Phase 4 Picks Up 'Sassy Pants,' Starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment
The coming-of-age comedy-drama, directed by Coley Sohn, also stars Anna Gunn and Diedrich Bader.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to Sassy Pants, a comedy-of-age movie starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment.
In the comedy-drama written and directed by Coley Sohn, Rickards (of MTV’s Awkward) plays a rebellious teen, who runs away from her overbearing mom (Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn) to live with her gay dad (Diedrich Bader) and his young boyfriend (played by The Sixth Sense’s Osment, now grown up).
Adam Wilkins and Pavlina Hatoupis produced the project, which had its world premiere earlier this year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
Phase 4 Films, headed by president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz, is planning to release the film day-and-date in theaters and on VOD this fall.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Traction Media, which repped the filmmakers.
- Best of Late Night TV: Pierce Brosnan Fails at 'GoldenEye 007,' Chloe Grace Moretz Fakes Cello (VIDEO)
- Let's Rank the 'Saved By the Bell' Very Special Episodes (VIDEO)
- Julianne Hough May Return to 'Dancing With the Stars'... as a Judge
- The East Hill Mall's Back-to-School Commercial Goes Viral for All the Wrong Reasons (VIDEO)
- Josh Brolin & Bruce Willis Bring 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' to Hollywood
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother Arrested in a Stabbing
- Jimmy Fallon Challenges Pierce Brosnan to His James Bond GoldenEye Video Game & Wins - Watch the Hilarious Video!
- Jessica Biel Takes On the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with Her Mom & Grandma - Watch Here!