Phase 4 Picks Up 'Sassy Pants,' Starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment
The coming-of-age comedy-drama, directed by Coley Sohn, also stars Anna Gunn and Diedrich Bader.
Phase 4 Films has acquired North American rights to Sassy Pants, a comedy-of-age movie starring Ashley Rickards and Haley Joel Osment.
In the comedy-drama written and directed by Coley Sohn, Rickards (of MTV’s Awkward) plays a rebellious teen, who runs away from her overbearing mom (Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn) to live with her gay dad (Diedrich Bader) and his young boyfriend (played by The Sixth Sense’s Osment, now grown up).
Adam Wilkins and Pavlina Hatoupis produced the project, which had its world premiere earlier this year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.
Phase 4 Films, headed by president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz, is planning to release the film day-and-date in theaters and on VOD this fall.
The deal was negotiated by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Traction Media, which repped the filmmakers.
- Lady Gaga's 'Joanne' and Eventual World Tour Could Make 2017 Her Biggest Year
- American Film Fans Abide: Six Small Movies Cutting Through the Mediocrity
- Fantasia And Her Huband Respond To 'All Lives Matter' Concert Critics
- Bobby Brown Won’t Rest Until Nick Gordon Is Charged For Bobbi Kristina's Death
- Ewan McGregor On His Directing Debut 'American Pastoral': 'The Most Extraordinary Passage Of Time'
- Keri Russell, Julianna Margulies & More Get Glam For Met Opera 'Tristan Und Isolde' Season Opening Performance!
- Diddy Gets Support From Cassie & Family At Boys & Girls Harbor Gala!
- Thandie Newton Had Some Trouble Understanding Donald Trump's Debate Dialogue!