'Princess Bride' Cast Reunites on 'Good Morning America' (Video)
Cary Elwes, Robin Wright and Billy Crystal discussed their 1987 classic.
Most of the cast of The Princess Bride reunited on Good Morning America for the talk show's "Totally Awesome '80s Week."
"When the movie came out, it wasn't a huge, huge hit. They couldn't quite figure out how to market it," Chris Sarandon, who played Prince Humperdinck, said. "They didn't really know what they had." When the film first opened in 1987, it grossed $206,243 in limited release during its opening weekend, according to Box Office Mojo.
Cary Elwes, who played Westley, "I think when I die, they'll say on my gravestone, 'As you wish.' I think every woman wants to hear that." Wallace Shawn, who portrayed Vizzini, recalled people approaching him and wanting him to say, "Inconceivable." Director Rob Reiner's first choice for Vizzini was Danny DeVito.
The "MLT" line that Miracle Max says in the film, one of the most quoted, was ad-libbed on-set, Billy Crystal confirmed.
When asked about the final kiss at the end of the movie, Robin Wright, who played Buttercup, joked to Elwes, "Who are you?" The cast members also reminisced about Andre the Giant, who passed away in 1993.
Fred Savage and Mandy Patinkin were not present.
Watch the reunion below:
- Report: Amber Heard Files Restraining Order Against Johnny Depp After Alleged Assault
- Nick Stoller on The Carmichael Show Finale, ‘President Trump,’ and Getting Picked Up for Season 3
- How Accurate Is The Girlfriend Experience, Episode 11?
- The Trailer for James Franco’s Lesbian Vampire Remake of Lifetime’s Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? Is Art
- Amber Heard Shares Photo of Bruised Face, Claims Johnny Depp Tried to Pay Her Off
- Amber Heard Claims Domestic Violence with Johnny Depp, Files for Restraining Order
- Taylor Schilling Says Risque 'OITNB' Scenes Are Easy for Her
- Gerard Butler Discusses 'Gods of Egypt' Costume for Blu-ray Featurette (Exclusive Video)