Red Flag Releasing Acquires 'High Ground' (Exclusive)
Michael Brown's documentary about damaged soldiers climbing a peak in the Himalayas will receive a late summer release.
Red Flag Releasing has acquired Michael Brown's documentary High Ground. The indie distributor plans a late summer release.
High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one Gold Star mother as they summit the 20,000 foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas with blind guide Erik Weihenmayer and his team. The soldiers represent nearly every branch of the military and recount their war experiences during the journey as an act of healing. Don Hahn (African Cats, Earth) produced.
“High Ground is a beautiful and emotional film, and we are proud to help bring its message to veterans and their families," said Red Flag's Paul Federbush. "Audiences will be inspired watching these young men and women take on these challenges to find support and healing."
An Emmy-winning filmmaker, Brown (The Alps IMAX, Farther Than the Eye Can See) has reached the summit of Everest five times.
Red Flag Releasing has released We Were Here and 8: The Mormon Proposition. Upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, #Regeneration and The Green Wave.
- Here Are The X-Files’ New Opening Credits
- Tom Hiddleston Explains Why Loki Wasn’t in Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Someone Finally Mashed Up Kanye With Weezer and Made Yeezer
- You Said That Bryan Cranston Couldn’t Play Blacklisted Screenwriter Dalton Trumbo, But He Totally Could, That Was Very Stupid of You: Here’s the Trumbo Trailer
- 'Twilight' Is Swapping Genders for its 10th Anniversary Edition
- This 'Walking Dead' Season 5 Recap Set to the 'Cheers' Theme Is What You Need Right Now
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2' Final Trailer Will Give You Chills
- The 10 Most Terrifying 'American Horror Story' Characters, Ranked by Scariness