Red Flag Releasing Acquires 'High Ground' (Exclusive)
Michael Brown's documentary about damaged soldiers climbing a peak in the Himalayas will receive a late summer release.
Red Flag Releasing has acquired Michael Brown's documentary High Ground. The indie distributor plans a late summer release.
High Ground follows 11 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and one Gold Star mother as they summit the 20,000 foot-high Mount Lobuche in the Himalayas with blind guide Erik Weihenmayer and his team. The soldiers represent nearly every branch of the military and recount their war experiences during the journey as an act of healing. Don Hahn (African Cats, Earth) produced.
“High Ground is a beautiful and emotional film, and we are proud to help bring its message to veterans and their families," said Red Flag's Paul Federbush. "Audiences will be inspired watching these young men and women take on these challenges to find support and healing."
An Emmy-winning filmmaker, Brown (The Alps IMAX, Farther Than the Eye Can See) has reached the summit of Everest five times.
Red Flag Releasing has released We Were Here and 8: The Mormon Proposition. Upcoming releases include Norwegian Wood, #Regeneration and The Green Wave.
- Hailee Steinfeld Shows Off Singing Chops With Shawn Mendes 'Stitches' Duet
- Sh*t That Everyone Seems To Inexplicably Do In An Uber
- See The Emotional First Teaser For Cary Fukunaga's Netflix Film, 'Beasts Of No Nation'
- This Is The Awesome Body-Positive Mantra Kate Winslet Recites With Her Teenage Daughter
- Quiz: Who Said It, Real Housewife Ramona Singer or Fake Youngster Ramona Quimby?
- Morrissey Says He Was Sexually Assaulted by San Francisco Airport Security
- Taxi Driver, Girls, and 7 Other Big Influences on Mr. Robot
- Difficult People Trailer: Julie Klausner Joins Billy Eichner in Shouting at People on the Street