Relativity to Distribute Marc Forster's 'Machine Gun Preacher'
The film, starring Gerard Butler and Michele Monaghan, is a biopic of Sam Childers.
Relativity Media is negotiating to take over U.S. distribution of the Marc Forster-directed Machine Gun Preacher from Lionsgate. The film will be released in the fall, though no date has yet been chosen.
The film, starring Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan, is a biopic of Sam Childers, a drug-dealing biker who found God and became an activist on behalf of child soldiers in Sudan. Jason Keller wrote the screenplay for the $30 million, independently financed production.
Sources say Lionsgate's packed fall release schedule, and Relativity's relatively spare one, led the companies to the arrangement. Lionsgate, which will still release the action movie internationally, has Warrior and Abduction hitting theaters in September and the Jason Statham actioner Safe opening in October. Relativity has two open months between Shark Night 3D in early September and Immortals in November.
Relativity needs product for its distribution pipeline and has been aggressively pursuing projects.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner
- The New 'Orphan Black' Season 2 Trailer Will Make Your Monday So Much Better (VIDEO)