Relativity to Distribute Marc Forster's 'Machine Gun Preacher'
The film, starring Gerard Butler and Michele Monaghan, is a biopic of Sam Childers.
Relativity Media is negotiating to take over U.S. distribution of the Marc Forster-directed Machine Gun Preacher from Lionsgate. The film will be released in the fall, though no date has yet been chosen.
The film, starring Gerard Butler and Michelle Monaghan, is a biopic of Sam Childers, a drug-dealing biker who found God and became an activist on behalf of child soldiers in Sudan. Jason Keller wrote the screenplay for the $30 million, independently financed production.
Sources say Lionsgate's packed fall release schedule, and Relativity's relatively spare one, led the companies to the arrangement. Lionsgate, which will still release the action movie internationally, has Warrior and Abduction hitting theaters in September and the Jason Statham actioner Safe opening in October. Relativity has two open months between Shark Night 3D in early September and Immortals in November.
Relativity needs product for its distribution pipeline and has been aggressively pursuing projects.
- This 'Insidious: Chapter 3' First Look Takes Us Back In (Terrifying) Time (PHOTO)
- Reese Witherspoon in Two French-Canadian Toronto Film Festival Movies
- Sandra Bullock's Next Movie Will Tell the Tale of Tupperware Parties
- Ethan Hawke Is One Cool Time Traveling Crime Fighter In the 'Predestination' Trailer (VIDEO)
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!