Robert Redford Launches Sundance Productions for TV and Multimedia
Among the company's first projects are the documentary "All The President’s Men Revisited" and the drama miniseries "Valentines."
Sundance Institute founder Robert Redford announced Tuesday the formation of Sundance Productions with producing partner Laura Michalchyshyn. The new initiative will focus on producing both fiction and nonfiction content for television and multimedia platforms.
“Unique and artful stories have always been a passion of mine, and I am proud to announce Sundance Productions’ desire to address critical stories across a multitude of relevant platforms,” said Redford.
Among the company's first projects are the documentary All The President’s Men Revisited and the drama miniseries Valentines, based on an Olaf Olafsson book of short stories. Revisited will take another detailed look at the Watergate scandal in a two-hour feature commissioned by the Discovery Channel. Producer Peter Schnall is directing with plans for a January 2013 broadcast while Redford serves as narrator and executive producer, along with Andy Lack and Michalchyshyn.
Valentines details the relationship between a patriarch and his three grown daughters. Olafsson, Fred Berner and Michalchyshyn are producing with Redford.
“Interesting talent and smart collaboration in creating special television content and media — that’s what we’re about," said Michalchyshyn, a programmer, producer and television executive who has worked in senior executive roles at Sundance Channel, Discovery Communications and Alliance Atlantis. "Bob and I have known each other and worked together for years and we’re very excited and delighted to announce our newest endeavor with Sundance Productions."
Redford will separately continue to develop films through his Wildwood Enterprises (The Conspirator, Quiz Show).
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!