'Robot & Frank': Diamond Heists and Technological Wonders in New Trailer, Poster (Video)
The Jake Schreier-directed comedy impressed audiences at Sundance and is due out on August 24.
Robot & Frank really mixes the young and the old.
A master thief coming back for One Last Heist is a tried and true storyline; partnering the old pro criminal with a sympathetic, humanoid robot, though, is a new stroke of futuristic creativity.
A hit at Sundance, where it won the Alfred P. Sloan Feature Film prize, this Jake Schreier-directed film features Frank Langella as an older man who, with his memory beginning to fail, is given a compassionate robot caretaker by his son (played by James Marsden). This is no nursing home case, however; Langella still has a lust for life (and women, which is where co-star Susan Sarandon comes in), and a desire to snag some valuable diamonds as a nice retirement fund padding.
The relationship between Frank and the Robot grows warmer throughout the film, striving to create a buddy movie-like story with heart -- and nuts and bolts.
The trailer for the film can be seen below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years