Ryan Gosling: 'I Fanned Out' in 'Ides of March' (Video)
Ryan Gosling didn't audition for "Ides" - "It was one of those things where George Clooney calls you and you say yes."
Ryan Gosling says it was difficult for him to work on The Ides of March.
"The whole film was a challenge because I was working with a lot of my favorite actors," Gosling tells Back Stage film and TV editor Jenelle Riley. "And I was trying to be in the scenes with them but I was also fighting wanting to just watch them or like get my picture with them. Then I realized I was getting my picture with them in a way."
However, meeting heroes doesn't always turn out well. Gosling shares his own scars about meeting his childhood idol the ultimate warrior and getting brushed off for an autograph outside the arena.
While Gosling didn't audition for "Ides" - "It was one of those things where George Clooney calls you and you say yes" – he did have a bad audition experience where he had to mime being shot as soldier for a non-speaking part in a war picture.
"I didn't get the part," he says.
- Get Ready for Big, Bad Negan With This Walking Dead Prologue Teaser
- Jeremy Clarkson Did an Ad for Amazon Prime Drones, Probably Made Oodles of Money from It
- Jack White Celebrated Thanksgiving by Opening a Third Man Records Store in Detroit
- A Taylor Swift Fan Got to Meet Her Idol Before Losing Her Hearing
- Singer Erykah Badu Throws Major Shade at Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Awards 2015 (Video)
- Celebrities React to Suspenseful Patriots vs. Broncos Sunday Night Football Game - Read the Tweets!
- Anne Hathaway Keeps Her Baby Bump Covered Up
- Kristin Cavallari Shares First Photo of Her Daughter Saylor with Quarterback Jay Cutler!