Ryan Gosling Is Beaten Bloody in 'Only God Forgives' Poster (Photo)
Reunited with his "Drive" director, Gosling plays a boxer who clearly suffers some physical duress in the upcoming Thailand-set film.
This is not going to help Ryan Gosling's populist "Sexiest Man Alive" campaign.
The Oscar-nominated actor, reunited with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn, is seen with a badly bludgeoned face in a new poster for their next collaboration, Only God Forgives. In the Thailand-set film, Gosling plays a boxing gym-running crime lord who must seek out revenge for his brother's death, and clearly, the comeuppance is not delivered without some difficulty.
He had to learn Muay Thai boxing for the role -- and presumably, is set up with weapons more advanced than the hammer with which he beat a man in his last collaboration with Winding Refn.
Gosling, after a quiet 2012, will also star in the delayed Gangster Squad and The Place Beyond the Pines next year.
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- Tom Cruise Promotes 'Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation' After Box Office Win!
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie