Ryan Gosling Is Beaten Bloody in 'Only God Forgives' Poster (Photo)
Reunited with his "Drive" director, Gosling plays a boxer who clearly suffers some physical duress in the upcoming Thailand-set film.
This is not going to help Ryan Gosling's populist "Sexiest Man Alive" campaign.
The Oscar-nominated actor, reunited with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn, is seen with a badly bludgeoned face in a new poster for their next collaboration, Only God Forgives. In the Thailand-set film, Gosling plays a boxing gym-running crime lord who must seek out revenge for his brother's death, and clearly, the comeuppance is not delivered without some difficulty.
He had to learn Muay Thai boxing for the role -- and presumably, is set up with weapons more advanced than the hammer with which he beat a man in his last collaboration with Winding Refn.
Gosling, after a quiet 2012, will also star in the delayed Gangster Squad and The Place Beyond the Pines next year.
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer Suggests That Playtime Is Over (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014