Ryan Gosling Is Beaten Bloody in 'Only God Forgives' Poster (Photo)
Reunited with his "Drive" director, Gosling plays a boxer who clearly suffers some physical duress in the upcoming Thailand-set film.
This is not going to help Ryan Gosling's populist "Sexiest Man Alive" campaign.
The Oscar-nominated actor, reunited with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn, is seen with a badly bludgeoned face in a new poster for their next collaboration, Only God Forgives. In the Thailand-set film, Gosling plays a boxing gym-running crime lord who must seek out revenge for his brother's death, and clearly, the comeuppance is not delivered without some difficulty.
He had to learn Muay Thai boxing for the role -- and presumably, is set up with weapons more advanced than the hammer with which he beat a man in his last collaboration with Winding Refn.
Gosling, after a quiet 2012, will also star in the delayed Gangster Squad and The Place Beyond the Pines next year.
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Rumor Roundup: Searching for Luke Skywalker
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Stalker' Premiere, 'The Bridge' Season Finale, and More Picks
- Watch Matthew McConaughey Explore the Galaxy in This New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- These Four Exclusive 'Mortdecai' Posters Feature Must-See Mustaches
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Caughts in an Extraterrestrial Tsunami in 'Interstellar' Trailer - Watch Now!
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Main Title Sequence is Here & It's As Scary As You'd Think - Watch Now!
- Brad Pitt on Being a Father: 'It's the Most Beautiful Thing'
- Ariana Grande Opens Up About Mariah Carey Comparisons