Ryan Gosling Is Beaten Bloody in 'Only God Forgives' Poster (Photo)
Reunited with his "Drive" director, Gosling plays a boxer who clearly suffers some physical duress in the upcoming Thailand-set film.
This is not going to help Ryan Gosling's populist "Sexiest Man Alive" campaign.
The Oscar-nominated actor, reunited with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn, is seen with a badly bludgeoned face in a new poster for their next collaboration, Only God Forgives. In the Thailand-set film, Gosling plays a boxing gym-running crime lord who must seek out revenge for his brother's death, and clearly, the comeuppance is not delivered without some difficulty.
He had to learn Muay Thai boxing for the role -- and presumably, is set up with weapons more advanced than the hammer with which he beat a man in his last collaboration with Winding Refn.
Gosling, after a quiet 2012, will also star in the delayed Gangster Squad and The Place Beyond the Pines next year.
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'