Red Flag Releasing Acquires U.S. Rights to Ryan Gosling's 'ReGeneration' (Exclusive)
The actor produced and narrates the documentary, which will open in April.
Red Flag Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to the Phillip Montgomery-directed documentary ReGeneration. Ryan Gosling narrates and produced the film, which Red Flag will release in April.
A graduate of NYU Film School, Montgomery features students from his former high school in Eagan, Minnesota, in an exploration of the roots of apathy and cynicism in today's youth and the factors that led to the Occupy movement. Noam Chomsky, Amy Goodman, Talib Kweli and Adbusters founder Kalle Lasn are among the commentators that appear in the film. Sound Tribe Sector 9, which is featured in the movie, created the original score.
"We are thrilled to partner with the filmmakers and contribute to this extremely important conversation and do our part to keep the flame alive as we head into the elections in November,” said Red Flag’s Paul Federbush.
Anonymous Content and Engine 7 Films produced with Gosling.
“The very moment we started exploring the subject of apathy in today’s youth, we knew there was something in the air," said Montgomery. "While cynicism prevailed in the national dialogue toward social and political causes, the youth was telling us something very different. Their voice was one of hope. The world has shown this to be true, from Iran, the Arab Spring, to Wisconsin, and now the world-wide ‘Occupy’ movement. This is such an electrifying time in our culture and we are so excited to partner with Red Flag to expand the reach of the film. Together it is our hope that ReGeneration will serve as a call to action as the groundswell of activism grows.”
Federbush negotiated the deal with Preferred Content's Kevin Iwashina, WME Global's Liesl Copland and Deborah McIntosh, Anonymous Content's Paul Green and Matt DeRoss and Engine 7's Joel Goulder, Jeremy Goulder and Chris Baker on behalf of the filmmakers.
Red Flag has released the films Meskada, 8: The Mormon Proposition and We Were Here. The company will next open Norwegian Wood in January in partnership with Soda Pictures and the documentary The Green Wave, about the recent post-election protests in Iran, in June.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress