Ryan Gosling Takes to the Streets in 'Drive' Trailer (Video)
Carey Mulligan, Christina Hendricks, Bryan Cranston also star in the action thriller.
Ryan Gosling, who plays the charming ladies’ man in Crazy, Stupid, Love in theaters now, proves his range once again in the action thriller Drive. Gosling plays a Hollywood stunt driver who moonlights as a driver for people doing questionable tasks under the cover of night.
Gosling’s character finds himself in trouble when a contract is put out on him after a heist goes wrong. Carey Mulligan (An Education) co-stars as a woman whose husband returns from prison, and gets his family into a dangerous predicament.
Adapted from James Sallis' 2005 novel by the same name, Danish film director Nicolas Winding Refn won the Best Director award for Drive at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.
Refn, who attended Cannes for the first time in 2011, told The Hollywood Reporter that it was because of Gosling that he got the job. “I came on to it because Ryan Gosling wanted to make it with me,” he said. “I had never met Ryan, but he’d seen my films and he basically arranged to meet me in Los Angeles.”
“The book is very much about film mythology,” Refn said. “It’s L.A. noir. One of the reasons I did it was because it would be fun shooting a Hollywood movie in Hollywood.”
Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) and Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy) also appear in the film. It has a release date of September 16, 2011.
- Report: Amber Heard Files Restraining Order Against Johnny Depp After Alleged Assault
- Nick Stoller on The Carmichael Show Finale, ‘President Trump,’ and Getting Picked Up for Season 3
- How Accurate Is The Girlfriend Experience, Episode 11?
- The Trailer for James Franco’s Lesbian Vampire Remake of Lifetime’s Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? Is Art
- Amber Heard Shares Photo of Bruised Face, Claims Johnny Depp Tried to Pay Her Off
- Amber Heard Claims Domestic Violence with Johnny Depp, Files for Restraining Order
- Taylor Schilling Says Risque 'OITNB' Scenes Are Easy for Her
- Gerard Butler Discusses 'Gods of Egypt' Costume for Blu-ray Featurette (Exclusive Video)