'Safe House' Actor Joins Kathryn Bigelow's Bin Laden Film (Exclusive)
Fares Fares can currently be seen as a mercenary in the Universal film.
Swedish actor Fares Fares has been cast in Kathryn Bigelow's forthcoming film about Navy SEAL Team Six’s take-down of terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden.
The untitled film from The Hurt Locker director and writer Mark Boal has a Dec. 19 release date. Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures is financing.
It is not known what role Fares will play, though he is said to be "a good guy." The project's cast also includes Joel Edgerton, Jessica Chastain, Edgar Ramirez, Kyle Chandler, Mark Strong, Chris Pratt and Jason Clarke.
Columbia Pictures picked up U.S. distribution rights to the Bin Laden project in May 2011. Bigelow and Boal had been working on it in the context of the hunt for Bin Laden and were eyeing a summer 2011 start to production when Bin Laden’s killing by a black ops team changed the direction of the project.
Fares can currently be seen as the mercenary Vargas in Universal's Safe House. He also appeared in the Swedish thriller Snabba Cash (2010), which was directed by Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa. Fares will next appear in Snabba Cash 2, which Espinosa is producing.
Fares is represented by Don Buchwald & Assoc. / Fortitude and Magnolia Entertainment.
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign