'Safe House' Actor Joins Kathryn Bigelow's Bin Laden Film (Exclusive)
Fares Fares can currently be seen as a mercenary in the Universal film.
Swedish actor Fares Fares has been cast in Kathryn Bigelow's forthcoming film about Navy SEAL Team Six’s take-down of terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden.
The untitled film from The Hurt Locker director and writer Mark Boal has a Dec. 19 release date. Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures is financing.
It is not known what role Fares will play, though he is said to be "a good guy." The project's cast also includes Joel Edgerton, Jessica Chastain, Edgar Ramirez, Kyle Chandler, Mark Strong, Chris Pratt and Jason Clarke.
Columbia Pictures picked up U.S. distribution rights to the Bin Laden project in May 2011. Bigelow and Boal had been working on it in the context of the hunt for Bin Laden and were eyeing a summer 2011 start to production when Bin Laden’s killing by a black ops team changed the direction of the project.
Fares can currently be seen as the mercenary Vargas in Universal's Safe House. He also appeared in the Swedish thriller Snabba Cash (2010), which was directed by Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa. Fares will next appear in Snabba Cash 2, which Espinosa is producing.
Fares is represented by Don Buchwald & Assoc. / Fortitude and Magnolia Entertainment.
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Paul Wesley & Phoebe Tonkin Get Cuddly at U.S. Open 2014
- Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, & Austin Butler Get in a Group Workout!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding