'Safe House' Actor Joins Kathryn Bigelow's Bin Laden Film (Exclusive)
Fares Fares can currently be seen as a mercenary in the Universal film.
Swedish actor Fares Fares has been cast in Kathryn Bigelow's forthcoming film about Navy SEAL Team Six’s take-down of terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden.
The untitled film from The Hurt Locker director and writer Mark Boal has a Dec. 19 release date. Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures is financing.
It is not known what role Fares will play, though he is said to be "a good guy." The project's cast also includes Joel Edgerton, Jessica Chastain, Edgar Ramirez, Kyle Chandler, Mark Strong, Chris Pratt and Jason Clarke.
Columbia Pictures picked up U.S. distribution rights to the Bin Laden project in May 2011. Bigelow and Boal had been working on it in the context of the hunt for Bin Laden and were eyeing a summer 2011 start to production when Bin Laden’s killing by a black ops team changed the direction of the project.
Fares can currently be seen as the mercenary Vargas in Universal's Safe House. He also appeared in the Swedish thriller Snabba Cash (2010), which was directed by Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa. Fares will next appear in Snabba Cash 2, which Espinosa is producing.
Fares is represented by Don Buchwald & Assoc. / Fortitude and Magnolia Entertainment.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- 'Batman vs. Superman': Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic
- Chris Hemsworth Says 'Age of Ultron' Is 'Bigger' & 'Crazier' Than the First 'Avengers'
- Kristen Bell on Her 'Veronica Mars' Homecoming, Tasering the Paparazzi, and Being the Next Bill Shatner