'Safety Not Guaranteed' Trailer: Mark Duplass, Aubrey Plaza Want to Go Back in Time (Video)
The lauded comedy, which sold to FilmDistrict at Sundance, premieres a trailer ahead of its June 8 release date.
Time travel can be a dangerous business, but it does come with an inviting dose of whimsy and spirit.
The first trailer for the upcoming Colin Trevorrow-directed romantic dramedy stars Mark Duplass as an off-beat (or genius?) guy who puts an ad out in the newspaper seeking out a companion with whom he can travel back in time. Jake Johnson takes the bait -- for a magazine assignment -- but assigns an intern, played by Aubrey Plaza, to take on the task of getting in with the wildly fascinating free spirit, would-be time adventurer.
The film, on which Duplass also served as an executive producer, was the subject of heavy bidding after screening in competition at the U.S. Dramatic competition at Sundance; FilmDistrict ended up picking up the theatrical rights with a bid that was rumored to be near seven figures.
It's part of a busy time for Duplass, who just bowed Jeff, Who Lives at Home, a Jason Segel and Ed Helms-starring comedy that he wrote and directed with his brother Jay; the pair will also debut another film, The Do-Deca Pentathlon, this summer.
Safety Not Guaranteed debuts on June 8; read THR's review here.
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Kerry Washington Brings 'Scandal' to Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Sarah Paulson & Renee Zellweger Hang Out at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration