'Safety Not Guaranteed' Trailer: Mark Duplass, Aubrey Plaza Want to Go Back in Time (Video)
The lauded comedy, which sold to FilmDistrict at Sundance, premieres a trailer ahead of its June 8 release date.
Time travel can be a dangerous business, but it does come with an inviting dose of whimsy and spirit.
The first trailer for the upcoming Colin Trevorrow-directed romantic dramedy stars Mark Duplass as an off-beat (or genius?) guy who puts an ad out in the newspaper seeking out a companion with whom he can travel back in time. Jake Johnson takes the bait -- for a magazine assignment -- but assigns an intern, played by Aubrey Plaza, to take on the task of getting in with the wildly fascinating free spirit, would-be time adventurer.
The film, on which Duplass also served as an executive producer, was the subject of heavy bidding after screening in competition at the U.S. Dramatic competition at Sundance; FilmDistrict ended up picking up the theatrical rights with a bid that was rumored to be near seven figures.
It's part of a busy time for Duplass, who just bowed Jeff, Who Lives at Home, a Jason Segel and Ed Helms-starring comedy that he wrote and directed with his brother Jay; the pair will also debut another film, The Do-Deca Pentathlon, this summer.
Safety Not Guaranteed debuts on June 8; read THR's review here.
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story