Samuel Goldwyn Films to Distribute 'Cowgirls 'N Angels'
The James Cromwell-led film is a family drama set out west.
Samuel Goldwyn Films has picked up US theatrical rights to the coming of age family film Cowgirls ‘n Angels, setting a May 25 Memorial Day release.
Twentieth Century Fox will handle North American ancillaries and all international media.
The movie stars James Cromwell, Bailee Madison, Alicia Witt and Jackson Rathbone and was directed by Timothy Armstrong. Armstrong co-wrote the script with Stephen Blinn.
The film sees Madison as a rebellious young girl searching for her rodeo rider father. Her quest connects her with a team of young female trickriders run by a former rodeo star (Cromwell), who recruits her into the group. There, the girl discovers a new passion and direction.
Ben Feingold of Sense and Sensibility Ventures LLC produced the picture.
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'