Samuel Goldwyn Films to Distribute 'Cowgirls 'N Angels'
The James Cromwell-led film is a family drama set out west.
Samuel Goldwyn Films has picked up US theatrical rights to the coming of age family film Cowgirls ‘n Angels, setting a May 25 Memorial Day release.
Twentieth Century Fox will handle North American ancillaries and all international media.
The movie stars James Cromwell, Bailee Madison, Alicia Witt and Jackson Rathbone and was directed by Timothy Armstrong. Armstrong co-wrote the script with Stephen Blinn.
The film sees Madison as a rebellious young girl searching for her rodeo rider father. Her quest connects her with a team of young female trickriders run by a former rodeo star (Cromwell), who recruits her into the group. There, the girl discovers a new passion and direction.
Ben Feingold of Sense and Sensibility Ventures LLC produced the picture.
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign