Samuel L. Jackson Announces Hornets, Clippers Lineups With Famous 'Pulp Fiction' Monologue (Video)
The star came down from the stands to give an impromptu -- and quite impressive -- pump-up speech.
Fans in the New Orleans Arena on Thursday night paid for tickets to a basketball game, but they got a little dose of Hollywood as well. And not just from the Los Angeles Clippers.
Samuel L. Jackson, in town to shoot Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, was among the basketball fans in attendance and was handed the microphone to introduce both teams' starting lineups. After giving a standard reading of the Clippers' players names -- though he gave a special nod to former Hornets star point guard Chris Paul -- he prefaced his Hornet player introductions with his famous speech from another Tarantino film, Pulp Fiction.
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men," he recited to an excited crowd. "Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
And then, he read the starting lineup for the struggling Hornets. It must have inspired them, too, as they defeated the Clippers, 97-90.
Jackson is the second star to read out the Hornets' lineup in recent weeks, following Will Ferrell's spirited (and wildly inaccurate) rendition in February. Watch both below.
- Bill Maher And Bernie Sanders Take Down 'Chicken' Donald Trump
- LeBron James Jr. Is Headed To A Sixth Straight NBA Finals
- America's Sweetheart Susan Lucci Opens Up About Love, Fans and the Little Boy Who Won Her Heart
- Harry Connick, Jr. Tells Grads: It's Exciting If You Don't Have Your Career Planned
- Glee’s Mark Salling Indicted on Two Counts in Child Pornography Case
- How Old Is Everyone Supposed to Be in X-Men: Apocalypse?
- Penelope Cruz And Jimmy Fallon Dubsmash On The Tonight Show And You Know, Look, Live Television Is Not Easy
- Emilia Clarke, What Are You Doing? Don’t Watch Game of Thrones With Your Parents