Cult Comedy Heroes Trade Sexual Complications in 'Save the Date' Trailer (Video)
Alison Brie and Lizzy Caplan feature as confused sisters who struggle through the trials and tribulations of love, sex and indie rock.
It would hardly be surprising if it turned out that Egan Reich and Michael Mohan began Save the Date as a piece of long-form fan fiction.
The relationship dramedy, which bowed at Sundance last winter, boasts a cast that includes stars of some of the most cultishly beloved TV shows and films in recent memory. Alison Brie, of Community, plays the fiancee of Martin Starr, he of both Party Down and Freaks and Geeks; Brie's sister in the film is Starr's Party Down castmate Lizzy Caplan, who also just featured in the VOD hit Bachelorette.
Throw in Geoff Arend, who has starred in Super Troopers, 500 Days of Summer and Garden State, and Mark Webber of Scott Pilgrim, and you have a stew of fanatically celebrated actors who will have a lifetime of encounters with fans who can recite every one of their lines.
The film, by the way, is a webbed romance tale gone awry, with equal emphasis on feelings and laughter. It hits VOD on November 8 and theaters December 14.
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler