Cult Comedy Heroes Trade Sexual Complications in 'Save the Date' Trailer (Video)
Alison Brie and Lizzy Caplan feature as confused sisters who struggle through the trials and tribulations of love, sex and indie rock.
It would hardly be surprising if it turned out that Egan Reich and Michael Mohan began Save the Date as a piece of long-form fan fiction.
The relationship dramedy, which bowed at Sundance last winter, boasts a cast that includes stars of some of the most cultishly beloved TV shows and films in recent memory. Alison Brie, of Community, plays the fiancee of Martin Starr, he of both Party Down and Freaks and Geeks; Brie's sister in the film is Starr's Party Down castmate Lizzy Caplan, who also just featured in the VOD hit Bachelorette.
Throw in Geoff Arend, who has starred in Super Troopers, 500 Days of Summer and Garden State, and Mark Webber of Scott Pilgrim, and you have a stew of fanatically celebrated actors who will have a lifetime of encounters with fans who can recite every one of their lines.
The film, by the way, is a webbed romance tale gone awry, with equal emphasis on feelings and laughter. It hits VOD on November 8 and theaters December 14.
- Watch Rory (Christiane) Aman-Pour It Up With Michelle Obama In 'Gilmore Girls' Teaser
- "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow-"I Like To Think Of Myself As The Greek Chorus"
- Here's How Jay Z Is Celebrating The 20th Anniversary Of 'Reasonable Doubt'
- Top Chef Fan Favorite, Fabio Viviani on What NOT To Do When Cooking Pasta
- Former Hills Star Audrina Patridge Gives Birth to Daughter
- Master of None’s Shoukath Ansari on Auditioning Against 18 Actors to Play Himself, Selfie Requests, and Donald Trump
- Here's the Naked-People-In-Bed Painting That Influenced Kanye's 'Famous' Video
- Rory Gilmore Visited Michelle Obama at the White House, and You Just Know They Talked About Books