DVD Board Game Company Screenlife to Close
The maker of Scene It? was acquired by Paramount Pictures in 2008.
Screenlife, the DVD board game company that makes Scene It?, will close its business operations, the company announced Wednesday.
The company, which has been owned by Paramount Pictures since 2008, has about 40 employees. It has operated independently of the studio.
“Unfortunately, the board game market is not where it used to be and continues to weaken," said Frederick Huntsberry, Paramount’s chief operating officer, in a statement. "Given these tough economic circumstances, the only remaining choice was to bring Screenlife’s operations to a close.”
Scene It?, a DVD board game that focuses on film, television and pop culture trivia, is also available on various digital platforms, including game consoles such as the Xbox 360 and mobile devices like the iPhone. Special editions of Scene It? include those for television shows such as Friends and Seinfeld.
- The 9 Best 'Sharknado' GIFs Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Jessica Alba Puts Her Unbelievable Bikini Body on Display for 'Maxim' September 2014
- Khloe Kardashian Also Throws Shade at Adrienne Bailon: 'Don't Kick My Brother When He's Down'
- Doutzen Kroes & Husband Sunnery James Welcome Baby Girl Myllena Mae - See the First Family Photo!
- Drew Barrymore Releases Statement After Half-Sister Jessica's Sudden Passing at 47