Sean Penn Goes Goth, Hunts Nazis in 'This Must Be the Place' Trailer (Video)
The film, directed by Paolo Sorrentino, was recently added to the Sundance 2012 lineup.
Lipstick? Check. Eyeliner? Check. Sean Penn? Check?
A new trailer for This Must Be the Place, directed by Paolo Sorrentino, premiered showing a very different looking Sean Penn.
Penn plays Cheyenne, a soft-spoken, gothly dressed man who embarks on a journey for find a Nazi who worked at the concentration camp where his father was held.
The trailer features Penn’s character meekly playing ping pong, dancing in a hotel room and trying to teach the younger generation about real music. It also features music and a cameo by Talking Heads frontman David Byrne.
The Weinstein Company picked up the domestic distribution rights to the film after it had its world premiere at Cannes last year. It’s set for a March 2012 release.
The film was recently added to the Sundance 2012 lineup.
Watch the trailer below:
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Conan O’Brien on Going to Cuba and the State of Late-Night TV
- The Future of Orchestral Music in Two Pieces
- Foxcatcher Finally Gets Recognized: Channing Tatum Nominated for Best Shirtless Performance by MTV
- 'Guardians,' 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Neighbors' Dominate MTV Movie Award Noms
- See What Happens When 'When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Ansel Elgort's Embarrassing Bruce Willis Story, Norman Reedus' Best Fan-Licking Requests (VIDEO)
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 22: To Plea or Not To Plea