Sundance 2013: James Ponsoldt's 'Spectacular Now' is a 'Teen Film for Adults' (Video)
The director and actors Miles Teller, Shailene Woodley and Brie Larson stop by the THR video lounge to discuss their new film.
With a buzzworthy cast including Brie Larson, Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller -- named by The Hollywood Reporter as one of five faces to watch at this year's Sundance Film Festival -- James Ponsoldt's Smashed follow-up premiered Friday, Jan. 18, to a packed Library Theater.
But first, the group stopped by THR's video lounge to discuss the teen dramedy, which may appeal to a wider audience than its synopsis indicates.
"The Spectacular Now is a love story between complicated teenagers," said Ponsoldt. "Think of it as a teen film for adults. These are really honest characters, and it's a really romantic film."
Woodley, who last year won an Independent Spirit Award for her role in The Descendants, said that the selling point for her -- and her co-stars -- was having the opportunity to work with Ponsoldt.
"It's a great script, but the reason we said yes was because of you," she gushed.
For more about the movie, watch the video above.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- 'The Magnificent Seven' Shoots Straight To Top Of The Box Office With $35 Million Debut
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Isaiah Washington Urges All African-Americans To Boycott Work
- The Cast Of 'Will & Grace' Reunited And It Was Almost Too Adorable To Handle
- Arrest Made After Reported Hacking Of Pippa Middleton's Photos
- The Magnificent Seven Performed Magnificently at the Box Office This Weekend
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon Talks Beyoncé, Pepsi and Corporate Partnerships: ‘You Have to Believe in Something’
- The Nirvana Nevermind Baby Recreated the Famous Cover and He Looks Exactly the Same (No, Not Really, He Got Older)
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Weird Al Yankovic to Sing ‘Yoda,’ Achieving the Much Sought After Nerd Holy Trinity