'Silver Linings Playbook' Shows Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, Crazy and in Love (Video)
The upcoming indie dramedy from director David O. Russell offers his "Hunger Games" and "Hangover" stars some interesting dramatic challenges.
Here's how you know the difference between real life and a movie: Two emotionally damaged, vulnerable people, both living at home well into adulthood, engage in a strange romance that only they can understand; also, they just so happen to look exactly like the Most Beautiful Man in the World and Hollywood's hottest young star.
Such is the premise of The Silver Linings Playbook, the upcoming indie venture from The Fighter and I Heart Huckabees director David O. Russell. Bradley Cooper takes on the role of a just-released mental patient who returns back home to reclaim his life, mind and physical fitness; while Jennifer Lawrence plays a disturbed younger neighbor who stalks him down, but has a dark allure that he can't resist.
The first trailer offers plenty of opportunities for Cooper to mix his trademark sarcasm with a pathos he displayed in Limitless, resulting in a welcome blend of nervous humor. It also allows Lawrence to channel some of her darker indie film moments, such as those from Winter's Bone, and mix them with a more suburban, emo sensibility.
Robert De Niro and Jacki Weaver co-star as Cooper's exasperated parents.
- The Cannes Diaries 2015: Aishwarya, Hitchcock, Heelgate and Wajib
- Jane Fonda Discusses Why She Thought Warren Beatty Was Gay In W Magazine Interview
- "Valley of Love" at Cannes: Isabelle Huppert and Gerard Depardieu Summoned to Californian Desert by Dead Son
- B.B. King Viewing Draws More Than 1,000 In Las Vegas
- Johnny Depp Transforms into Whitey Bulgar in 'Black Mass' Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- John Stamos Releases Statement on Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Not Returning For 'Full House' Revival
- Dakota Fanning Dealt With Inappropriate Questions During Childhood
- Orange is the New Black's Dascha Polanco Opens Up on Battling Depression