Simon & Schuster Picks Up Forthcoming Memoir 'Weekends With Daisy' (Exclusive)
CBS Films recently grabbed film rights to the Sharron Kahn Luttrell-penned book.
In a significant pre-emptive deal, Simon & Schuster has picked up world English publication rights to the memoir Weekends With Daisy for its Gallery Books imprint. CBS Films pre-emptively bought film rights to Daisy Thursday. Both deals were cut off of a detailed proposal that included nearly 30 sample pages.
Written by journalist Sharron Kahn Luttrell, the nonfiction book details the relationships she formed with a service dog she began training on weekends and the inmate who was training the Labrador puppy during the week as part of a prison program.
Fairbank Literary agent Sorche Elizabeth Fairbank repped the sale of the publication rights. Jen Bergstrom and Abby Zidle closed the deal for Gallery, with Zidle editing.
The Gotham Group, which reps Simon & Schuster, handled the sale of the film rights on Fairbank's behalf. Lauren Shuler Donner and Jack Leslie of the Donners' Company are developing and producing the film project.
- Beat Bugs Trailer: Netflix’s New Animated Kids Series Features a Ton of Beatles Covers Your Kids Won’t Know Are Covers
- A Film Producer Is Tweeting Out Terrible Descriptions of Female Characters in Scripts
- What Shows Will Make Me Cry? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- These Deleted Scenes From Mrs. Doubtfire Will Remind You That the Movie Was Actually Deeply Sad
- Kim Kardashian Goes Sheer in New York City Ahead of Fashion Week!
- Courteney Cox, Kate Hudson & Demi Moore Help Jennifer Meyer Celebrate Superga XO Collection!
- Eva Longoria Shakes Her Booty for 'Lip Sync Battle' Performance of 'Low' - Watch Now!
- Suki Waterhouse & Karlie Kloss Launch 'Vogue 100: A Century of Style' Gallery