SnagFilms Grabs Exclusive Digital Rights to Sundance Drama 'Kinyarwanda' (Exclusive)
The 2011 film will debut digitally via SnagFilms partners such as Comcast Xfinity, FiOS, DIRECTV, iTunes, Amazon and VUDU.
SnagFilms has acquired exclusive digital rights to Kinyarwanda, which won the world cinema dramatic audience award at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, where it had its premiere. The film will debut via SnagFilms partners such as Comcast Xfinity, FiOS, DIRECTV, iTunes, Amazon and VUDU.
Alrick Brown wrote and directed the fact-based film, which follows six different storylines of people struggling through the Rwandan genocide. Darren Dean and Tommy Oliver produced; Ishmael Ntihabose is an executive producer.
“SnagFilms is pleased to bring Kinyarwanda to digital audiences in the comfort of their homes,” said SnagFilms COO Stephanie Sharis. “This is a powerful story, incredibly well told. We look forward to making this film available to film fans worldwide, as SnagFilms continues its rapid expansion into narrative films, and furthers its mission of bringing the best independent films – both narrative and documentary – to audiences via digital platforms.”
Kinyarwanda, which opened theatrically in December, was recently nominated for three NAACP Image Awards. Breaking Glass Pictures has acquired DVD rights in North America and broadcast rights in the U.S. Asher Goldstein of Traction Media negotiated the deals on behalf of the filmmakers.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!