Sony Pictures Classics to Release Roman Polanski’s 'Carnage'
9:07 AM PDT 4/14/2011 by Mark Cina
Sony Pictures Classics will release Roman Polanski’s new film, Carnage, in North America, the studio announced Thursday.Polanski penned the script with the help of Yasmina Reza, who wrote the 2009 Tony Award winning play God of Carnage. Said Ben Said (The Witness) is producing the movie, which stars Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly. An end of year release is expected. Set in contemporary Brooklyn, New York, the story follows two pairs of parents, one of whose child has hurt the other at a public park. They meet to discuss the incident in a civilized manner, but as the evening goes on, the parents become increasingly childish, resulting in chaos. “In today’s world of moviemaking, Roman Polanski, his screenwriting partner Yasmina Reza, his cast, his crew, and his producer Said Ben Said represent the best of the best. We are so fortunate and pleased to bring Carnage, which promises to be an experience of intense emotion and hilarity, to the American audiences,” Sony Pictures Classics said in a statement. Said Ben Said and Sony Pictures Classics last worked together on the film I've Loved You So Long.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bart Simpson Gets A Fake ID On An 'American Dad' That Channels 'Breaking Bad'
- Aron Ralston Arrested: Amputee Hiker Depicted In '127 Hours' Movie Charged With Assault
- 'Revenge': Victoria's RSVP Throws A Huge Wrench In Emily's Plans (VIDEO)
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini-Series Premiere Puts Bonnie In Charge Of Duo's Crime Spree (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction