'Spring Breakers' and 'Girls' Mashup Sends Franco and Dunham on a Wild Ride (Video)
To explore and contrast two of the most buzzed about stories, THR has put together a trailer of epic and angsty proportions.
Torn between your fixation on Lena Dunam's Girls and Harmony Korine's Disney-on-acid film Spring Breakers? That's quite understandable: they make us uncomfortable, but are so open, honest and scintillating, it's impossible to take your eyes off them.
Luckily, The Hollywood Reporter has created a mashup of these two most zeitgeist-y pieces of pop culture, in a video quite appropriately titled "Girls Gone Wild."
If you want to sound smart about it when you pass the video along, here's some crib notes: Both Girls' twenty-something angst and the material-nihilism of James Franco's rapper-dealer dynamo Alien (as well as his young, party-ready cadets) are comments on the self-absorption, desperation and confusion of a new generation, even as they take almost entirely different forms. Juxtaposing the two is very, very academic.
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Bachelorette' Runner Up Confronts Andi Dorfman About Their Intimate Night & It Got Awkward
- Hawaii Five-0's Scott Caan & Girlfriend Kacy Byxbee Welcome Baby Girl Josie!
- Ariana Grande Reveals She's Fallen Out of Touch With her Father in 'Seventeen'
- Kellan Lutz Gets Cozy With Mystery Brunette at Dave & Buster's